Hi I am struggling to get off the last of  mirtazapine

Im down to 7.5mg but cant seem to get any lower

I was on 30mg

Thanks 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi lillie.

Nowadays I am also trying to come off Mirtazapine. Two days ago I lowered my dose from 15mg (on which I was since middle February) to 7.5mg. So far no significant WDs. Anyway I am wondering how long were you tapering and what are your problems when trying to get off 7.5mg?

• Posted

How are you tapering? Don't try to drop doses or alternate amounts. You can get the liquid version to help with tapering or make your own liquid to taper like I did. The last part is always the hardest. Make sure you don't reduce the dose too much. Some people recommend only reducing by 10% and hold each dose for at least two weeks. When I got down to the last 2mg I reduced iy by only 0.1mg every few days until I was off.
    • Posted

Hi Lillie & Evergreen smile  

What difficulties have you come across going from 7.5 mg, is it difficulty breaking the tablets?  Evergreen has tapered successfully, and I have got down from 15mg to 4.2 mg (! those darned decimals are important when doing 5%/10% tapers lol) with liquid methods, fear not, if your worries are on thhe physical plane, I can honestly say if you do a steady slow taper you won't get sick like a lot of people tend to who are doing a quicker taper,

Mirtazapine is available in UK, as Evergreen advised, and if not UK the Mirtazapine Sol Tabs are better than tablets as they dissolve in waer quite easily (although not fully but do-able), and a method can be worked out with these.

Hope this helps, I'll be around for quite some time yet !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.