Last night was hell!

Posted , 6 users are following.

WOW, last night.. got a headache and took ibuprofen at 7 . Around 8, trying to relax,i noticed my heart felt lower. i check and its 55! Never that i know of gas it been that low. SO i get up and move and it raised. lay back down and it drops back down. i am always 80-110 about so this scared me and i was then anxious and bad. i ate some because i wanted it raised, and it did after a bit,to 63,and that made me feel better but then trying to rest and this is a symptom ive never been able to explain... trying to watch a movie and relax but get a wave of some bad feeling, idk what it is but i tense up and have to move postion. almost like an eye,head jerky feeling... anyone het this? its almost like how panic attacks started fir me years ago. Tossing and turning and changing positions till it haooened each time. i didnt want to take ativan because i was worried about my heartrate but finally fell asleep. Woke at 3 and had to use washroom.. dizzy getting there and rushed back to bed, noticing everything, shoulder pain (from sleepimg) felt dizzy and sick and bad thoughts hit me. "is this a heartattack"?? HOW AM i supposed to know the difference? i threw 2 ativan under tongue and managed to fall asleep. Woke at six and got my period..totally nausous.

TODAY hasnt been much better. sick and scared and anxious. Been taking my med every eight hours tday just so i dont lose it. drunken sailor and just sick. TERRIBLE NIGHT

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

55 is fine very healthy resting heart rate.. You need to relax when you have a heart rate like that not panick about it and then all the physical symptoms will appear because you are being anxious over something you do not need to be anxious about.

So you have activated your fight of flight by checking your pulse when there was nothing wrong with it in the first place.

As I lye here now my pulse is 57.. Normally 70-85 but tonight I'm less stressed and only checking d it to help you feel at ease.

The more you check your self for these imaginary killer illnesses that you don't have the more you will feel like you have one and that it is going to kill you the everyone of your senses and symptoms will. Become massively hypersensitive..

Relax have a brew and some biscuits next time your heart rate is 55 enjoy it

• Posted

i have the same feeling everyday. it drives me mad. I have all sorts of physical symptoms every second of every day. when 1 fear or pain gets diagnosed and make sure Im not dying of some illness, another one begins. anxiety is a killer in itself.

• Posted

Also I noticed you liked the person's comment who has the same symptoms who didn't provide you with a reasonable solution.. Trust me and listen to me I have had everyone of your symptoms for 3 years and I now have complete control Of them because they are all in my head!!

Why are you worried about a heart rate of 55?? That is nothing to worry about when resting at all.. Ask and expert they will tell you a heart rate of 42 or lower resting in a non fit person is something to worry about also a heart rate above 100 in a person resting is also something to worry about.. Your anxiety is simply anxiety otherwise you would be posting this post on a cardiology page where you would also be given the same honest advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.