Last period?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello ladies. I havnt had a period for 6 weeks and this is unusual. since my peri started I have had one every two to three weeks and now nothing. but Im still having the symptoms. Am I wrong in thinking that when the periods stopped that the symptoms would stop too? I used to feel good in between my monthly's, at least for a week or two but now I feel if I dont have one I will never feel good again. No relief, no good moods. Please help. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? I dont mind not having my periods as long as I can have some sign of hope. How long after the periods end do the good feelings come back?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Mine stopped in December and by the end of February I went a bit weird couldn’t get out of bed ... then by April I crashed and have never been the same since . I hope this doesn’t happen to you ! Depression debilitating fatigue .... just awful awful awful! 

When I was 48 I went 2 months with a period and then it  came  back until I was 51 so you may just be getting irregular . You may get hot flashes and get a bit sweaty ....and that’s it ...  i have just had it VERY bad ... you may not though. 

• Posted

Hi Kimberly. I Haven't had a period in almost 11 months. My periods were unusual and heavy before they stopped completely. I have almost all of the symptoms of peri. And they grew increasingly worse as the months went on. I have some days that are better than others. On the worse days I vomit and have diarrhea, and no appetite. It's said after a year with no period, we are in menopause. I am hopeful that in a month or so I will feel better. Hope this helps.

• Posted

For most women menopause is a time when hormones imbalance or nearly no hormones at all. With that comes aging signs and illnesses. Are you going to practice HRT? I've been told that no medication really is as effective as when your hormones are balanced..

• Posted

I tried low dose before and It made me so sick. Peri symptoms paled in comparison so I stopped. Guess I just have to get my mind set on getting through it somehow. 
  • Posted

My periods were irregular for years. Started to miss periods at 50. Anxiety increased,hot flashes and night sweats,brain fog and no appetite. Lost 15 pounds over four years. I hope it gets better.
    • Posted

I could handle the sickness if I could lose some weight. I seem to be going in the other direction. We all know that feeling fat makes us feel so much worse. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.