Last Tuesday's new knee

Posted , 5 users are following.

just got home from hospital new knee bled badly  got a battery machine on dries it up no pain plenty medication no clips like worm stich just pulls out in 2weeks feeling great movement but early days

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You're over the top of the mountain and sound positive. Well done.
  • Posted

Bleeding is one of the big concerns. In the US most hospitals have you sign a waiver in case you need a transfusion. I had one unit on my original. I had to have a synovectomy using a scope the year before. They put in an unusual looking drain and collector. Didn't think the darn thing was ever gonna stop bleeding. It looked far worse than it really was. Sounds like you are off to a good start.....keep it up and don't be alarmed if it takes a step back now and then.
  • Posted

Well done Alan, take your meds when you need them,dont be a hero ( well not just yet anyway ) and be patient! Good luck lad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.