Late dose??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys!

Been a while since I have been on, I hope you are all well! Been on citalopram 20mg for over a year now and my moods have greatly improved some anxiety at times but I guess that's normal! Anyhow I have a busy work life in that I work shifts days or nights I take my meds in the eve before bed so when I am on nights I take it at my tea break but last night I was very busy and didn't get a break and totally forgot to take my citalopram and propranolol until I was finished at 8am!

Question is do I just start taking them in the morning or what will I do about tonight's dose???

Hope this is ok! I used to take my mess in the morning but this happened before and I changed to nights x

Thanks

Emma x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'd just miss that dose and take the next one when its due.  I've done that before, and usually I start feeling a bit heady.  If you do start feeli a bit unwell, take the next dose slightly earlier than usual, and then tomorrow get back onto the regular time.
    • Posted

Thanks Kate I took it this morning at 8am will I miss tonight's dose and take it agin tomorrow evening or just change to morning again! Thanks x
    • Posted

I think as Marf suggests.  Carry on with mornings, then lunchtime and back to evening.  I take mine in the mornings, and some people take it at night.  Doesn't matter when really as long as it's the same each day.

K xx

• Posted

Prob a bit late now but ditto Kate! I think it depends when you'd rather take it, you could either carry on with mornings or do it lunchtime tomorrow then back to evenings again the following day xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.