Late period

Posted , 3 users are following.

im 16 days late for my period.. theres no chance i could be with child but whats going on? the only change that has happened is me starting my new job last month.. and i now work with all women.. and i switched taking my celexa from AM to PM. im just worried something is going on. i sometimes do have an irregular period but it feels too long already.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Could be switching the medication time has caused a hormone imbalance or the stress of the job. May even be an oddity like your body is syncing with the women in the department. If it's an ongoing problem, just have a chat about it with your doctor.

• Posted

I skipped my period entirely a few months ago, first time I ever did that in 6 years of being on the Pill. It normally comes like clockwork, at almost the exact time and day. I got worried something was wrong, but my Dr said nope probably just stress. She told me if it happens again in the future, don't be concerned. Only if I miss it 2 times in a row, then I should come back and see her. But periods being late, skipping occasionally happens all the time apparently, even on the Pill! She said it could be the smallest change liek your sleep, diet, stress - anything like that can throw off your hormones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.