Laxative side effects horrible fatigue

Posted , 2 users are following.

so i hadn't pooped in 4 days took some laxatives yesterday at 2 or 3 started getting tired later and then that evening i was so exhausted and sweating all over wake up this morning covered in sweat and extremely tired. I'm so tired that laying down is to much. i took equate clearLAX osomotic laxative. what i want to know is how long will this last?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I looked at the side effects of your laxative and although it mentions sweating, it doesn't list fatigue as a reaction. It sounds more likely that the fatigue is down to being constipated. Constipation can cause tiredness. Perhaps try plenty of fluids to help flush the laxative out of your system

• Posted

ok thank you i honestly think i can go to the bathroom but i was trying to wait because of how tired i am but im just gonna have to do it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.