Left and right side pain! Please help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone,

For the last 19 hours or so I have had pain on the sides of my body just under the ribs and above the hip. The pain isn't constant but the pain only happens when I bend left or right, or just bend normally. This started when I woke up for the day, I've been told it's probably my muscles but not certain. I've used heat pads and it doesn't do anything. I do have IBS and I am only 16. So any information or what I should do would be great help! Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i get it this all the time , ive been suffering from ibs as well for about 7 years now . i would only get on my right side but have been getting on my left side lately . have you been checked for ulcers ? or put on any meds for your ibs ?

• Posted

I haven't been checked for anything. I have never had this pain and it isn't in my stomach or on my stomach. I don't really know what this could be. The pain is random the way I bend or the way I lie in bed If I am straight or not doing anything there is no pain. Which makes me think muscle problem or something along the lines of that. I am going to make an appointment with my doctor. Thanks for your reply any more help or info would be very helpful.

• Posted

Hi there, I too get a lot of pain there, have been told it is a build up of gas, as suffer a lot from constipation. Could also be muscular better to check with doctor. IBS has so many symptoms.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi nay, go see your doctor. Despite being diagnosed with IBS your symptoms have changed, only your doctor can definitely say what is now going on. I wish you luck.

• Posted

Sounds like an IBS flare up; ask your doctor for an antispasmodic. Heat treatment can work for certain types of pain such as neuralgia but it doesn't work for my IBS either because you need something to relax the intestinal spasms. An anti spasmodic can help with that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.