Left groin pain, left lower back pain, left hip pain, numbness and weakness to left lower leg

Posted , 3 users are following.

So glad I've found others going through similar symptoms as I am. I started having these symptoms about a week ago: Left lower back, left buttocks, left groin, with weakness and numbness to my left leg. I've been to the doctor a couple of days ago and am on prednisone, tramadol, and Robaxin. I have been doing some of the exercises she suggested and that helps a little. I'm now experiencing a moderate amount of pain to my left groin area. My ARNP thinks it is sciatica, arthritis, and possibly fibroids (I had x-rays of the back, left hip, and leg). I won't know for sure until I get the upcoming ultrasound about the fibroids. It is possible I may have to have an MRI as well. It is difficult to walk on my left side due to the pain. I have a pulling sensation while sitting and leaning back in a chair, lying down and turing in bed, or standing or walking.I took a couple of days off work  but I have to return to work on Monday (I am an RN) so it is difficult to do continuous walking on the floor with this pain. I've already prayed on it and I know it will be okay; it just sucks going through this because it is affecting my livelihood and my peace of mind. Be blessed everyone.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I've had many cases of sciatica over the years.  Sounds like it to me.  The drugs are NOT the solution.  X-ray and chiropractor is least invasive.  Cured all my problems either instantly or within a few weeks.  Only one case was due to a bone spur crushing my sciatic nerve root at L4/L5.  That was fixed by a neurosurgeon doing a laminectomy.  Again...I've had this lots of times...sounds like sciatica.

• Posted

Painsucks ,I've had Pudental Neuralgia now for almost 11 yrs ,try and get a heating pad at your local chemist cost about £30 if in UK ,I also use a gel to rub in . Painful sitting for any long periods also get this aching when stood or walking . Tend to sit on hip ,until that hip aches ,then I move over to other hip ,sends my anxiety up since his all began after an illness weight loss , never been the same since . 😥

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.