Left & Right THR swelling in thighs after 7 months & 4months PO

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had anterior right THR 9/13/17 & left 12/6/17. I was doing great until 4 weeks ago used a new electric razor which caused cellulitis on both legs from knees down!!!Put on antibiotics for 7 days which I just finished. I started developing swelling in upper thighs with tender to touch with small amount of pain in my left hip. This is so depressing as I was doing so well. Went to my surgeon took xrays on left hip. Ok. Wants to see me back in 2 weeks to do blood work as xrays don't show infection. Really worried. Anyone else gone through anything similar or have swelling this far out? Also had a medium size dog jump up on my lap so not sure if that hurt anything. Thank you.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Rtb

Sorry to hear you are suffering so bad at the moment. I think you were brave to have two operations fairly close together. I hope you can resolve this quickly. Good luck.

• Posted

Ugh. I had cellulitis at 2.5 weeks after surgery.  It was very unpleasant so I feel for you.  Have you gone back to the doctor since you finished the antibiotics and the swelling started in your thighs?  That would be my first suggestion to make sure that the cellulitis isn't coming back.  They had me on antibiotics for 10 days for mine. 

Did it hurt at the time when the dog jumped on your lap?  If not I'm guessing that wouldn't have done it cause you would've felt pain then. 

Best of luck you to you and if the swelling in your thighs turns red and is warm/hot to the touch I would seek medical attention immediately cause that would be a sign of infection.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I went to my surgeon & he wants to see me in 2 weeks to do blood work. He was unable to do it last week as was just finishing antibiotic. Rash on legs somewhat better not completly

healed. The swelling in thighs/hip area no improvement & still tender to touch. No fever & redness. Just can't understand how this can happen after finally getting my life back!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.