Left shoulder pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I need to start off by saying i lost my brother to cancer 3 years ago. Since then i have struggled with health anxiety. I literally think every ache and pain is cancer. Im terrible about googling my symptoms and of course the c word pops up.

Last year i started having pain in my inner left elbow was swollen.I was working out at the gym pretty hard. Also i have a pain in my inner shoulder and muscles are tight in my shoulder blade. My symptoms I think have eased up compared to how it used to be.

Anyways my anxiety comes and goes and i get on a binge of googling my symptoms. I have been taking CBD oil for my anxiety and it does help but does this feeling ever go away?

0 likes, 2 replies

Report Reply

2 Replies

• Posted

HI!

I have no answers but understand how you feel entirely. Did you suffer with anxiety before this? Sometimes its laying there waiting for a life event to happen to rear its head. You are probably still grieving, the grieving has no time limit. I think losing someone close makes our mortality stand out and especially with cancer. Stress causes aches and pains as we arent relaxing or sleeping as well and its then our body repairs itself especially after exercise. Have you been on medication at all? My Mam died two years ago of bladder cancer and since then not straight away slowly depression reared its head. Ive tried councelling and go again today. It doesnt seem to work for me but something is better than nothing. I have now lost both parents and so it has made me very worried about cancer etc and I also worry about any pain etc. Maybe we have a fear of dying now which we need help with. I wish we had someone go chat to who understands as thats what we need. x

Report Reply
  • Posted

Thank you Sue for answering. My health anxiety didnt trigger until after my brother died. On my 30th birthday I ended up in the hospital with a severe panic attack. My first to ever have. I thought I was having a heart attack. After that its been a list of health problems. I used to go to the Dr. for every little thing but now I dont go unless I need bloodwork done.

My problem is I grab my phone and start googling symptoms and the worse always pops up and then the pain I'm feeling gets worse. You think I would have learned my lesson by now. One month it seems I have my anxiety in control and then the next it spirals out of control.

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New Discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.