Left TKR

Posted , 6 users are following.

This is my second TKR had right TKR done about three years ago . 

Having a lot of pain and stiffness with this one am still taking a lot of pain medication

it is not bending to well  am 10 weeks post opp

has any one experience the second knee to take longer to recover than the first? And to have. 

Moor pain ? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gillian, I had my first TKR eighteen months ago, fairly straightforward, usual pain etc, but was so pleased I had it done. My second TKR was done in June, and I am experiencing the same as you, not bending very well despite religiously doing my excersises, and the pain when walking is awful, and I am still on pain relief. Don't know what it is with second knee, but a few people on here have said the same. I just hope in time it will be as good as the first one.

• Posted

My second one is so different from the first I'm at 9 weeks now and it's coming right wth the excercises and ice. I think it's because the first one is not gauged on anything but 2nd you know what to expect but everybody is different recovery is different it's just how the body is it recovers at its own pace.

• Posted

Thank you Dee think you are right , but feel a little better knowing iam no on my own hope you have a good recovery 
  • Posted

I'm exactly the same first knee 1.2.2017 usual problems but progressed well. Second 25.7.2017 been a nightmare, pain,cramps rom of 85 and far from straight. I think our expectations are to high. When you follow the regime and get results one thing but to do the same and not much results very disappointing. All normal though we just have to dig deep and perservere. All will be well, patience, we ladies can struggle with that I think, loss of independace and control. Roll on six months😀😀😀

• Posted

I totally agree Jackie, as you say roll on six months.🚶???😀

• Posted

agree roll on six months it took me that long to get over my first TKR  this one for me had also been a nightmare need a lot of patience 😀😀

• Posted

I also found this to be true, second knee more difficult than the first. I think each experience is different. Sailed through the first one. I'm struggling at about 16 weeks with the second one. Stiffness, not bending nor straightening as well but coming along more slowly than I had expected. I agree, I think it's the expectation since we had done this before. Good luck!

• Posted

Ladies to the fore if we can do childbirth we can do this..lol..😀😀😀😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.