Left Upper Quadrant Pain (Right under breast, but more on the side and back)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone!

Thank you for reading my post.

After my fight with H pylori (beat it about 2 1/2 months ago), I have developed a strange symptom. I have almost constant discomfort right under my left ribcage and and on the side of it. This pain extends to the left quadrant of my abdomen once i eat, and it often intensifies. It is a pressure-like feeling as something felt heavier than normal, and when theres no pressure it feels like my left side segment has a knot or something. The pain is on the extremity of the left side of my abdomen (upper quadrant) and it eradicates to my back and the lower part of my left shoulder. I am a bit stressed. I did however recently have a general abdominal MRI with no abnormalities found with arrows indicating how the pain develops.

Some days I have more pain some days I have less.

Could you help me understand what it could be? Is it my colon or is it my stomach? My doctor appt is in two weeks and some opinions would help me relax a bit. I have attached an image

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You may have gastritis which can be triggered by h pylori. Pain under the ribcage can be a symptom of gastritis. Ask your doctor about this.

• Posted

It will probably go away before you see a doctor. You may want to ask a pharmacist to recommend many over the counter remedies available.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.