Leg lifts

Posted , 9 users are following.

feeling quite pleased with myself succeeded to do leg lifts for the first time since op 11 days post op

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Ohhh sharon well done I stopped doing mine cos they made me sweat and cry with the pain!! Im now nearly 5 weeks post op and I can lift it naturally!!!! Dont overdo it listen to your body!!!!
  • Posted

Well done, is great to achieve those milestones in the way to recovery.
  • Posted

Good for you. All of what used to be the norm are now major steps but very uplifting when accomplished. Now on to the next one.
  • Posted

Thanks all got first session with the physio tomorrow 
  • Posted

Once you've done it once, you will find it gets easier every day!  I'm pretty sure that to begin with it was my mind stopping it lifting . . once the physio lifted it a couple of times, suddenly it was possible!  Congratulations!
  • Posted

Well done, it does come natually without bothering to do the leg lifts.  Your body tells you when its right.

• Posted

I totally agree hazel I stopped doing mine cos I was nearly passing out. Ive no physio since I left hosp but I can now raise it on its own 5 weeks post op!!! Im just laid on the bed having woken from another bad night and my knee and nerves are screaming!!! Im fed up now of this discomfort and pain but I have GP appt on mon so il see if she suggests anything??
    • Posted

I had a better night last night, only got up once, had three sessions of sleeping and woke at 7.45am.   Don't know if its the stronger anti inflammatory ( naproxen)  which I took last thing before going to bed, had to have a piece of toast to take before the tablet.  It's only twice a day, morning and night, but it doesn't make me sleep during the day but I do feel better.  Forgot about crutches going up stairs, and even managed to do one step each foot on the stairs....but then shouted for the crutch and am going down stairs as per normal.   Legs elevated for most of the morning and again in a few moments time.  Kindle out ready to read or browse.
    • Posted

Yeh ya see hazel no one has even suggested taking an anti inflammatory or water tablet or owt just pain killers??? I've had no physio just thrown out of hosp day 4 now 5 weeks post op and avin to sort it all by myself??? Ive had to wait 3 weeks for this GP appt as it was the soonest I could get??? Its a bit poor really and I even work for the NHS lol
  • Posted

Well done Sharon! ! You will find things getting easier with each day. Don't push too hard!! Keep up the good work!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.