Leg pain. Kinda curious

Posted , 4 users are following.

So, I all of a sudden started getting this leg pain my right calf that feels like growing pains. Has anyone here ever had these? It seems to change pain levels and I'm unsure if I'm dealing with something semi important. It just started out of nowhere and it aches. It's been aching since 9pm last night and it's 7am now. I didn't sleep at all. It also shakes and stuff because the pain being a little strong that it got hard to keep my leg up. After laying and relaxing a little, it's hard to find a comfortable position to get it. when I do lay down and about 20 minutes to an hour later, I'll get up and it won't hurt while walking. There was a point where it was even hurting to walk on that leg. when I would do the full stride, it would hurt at the end of the stride like the muscles or tendons are being wound up entirely. It hurt and wasn't enjoyable. No pain anywhere else except in the calf. It's annoying. I just want some thoughts to reassure me.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I'm 23 years old, so I'm not a child.

• Posted

Hi Matt

What I'm about to right I by no means to Alarm you, with that said and some months back. I was sitting watching TV (legs crossed) and one of my calfs (can't remember which one) began to itch, I also noticed a red patch which was warm to touch, but I put this down to my legs being crossed. But in further inspection I noticed the calf in question as swollen. So doing the wrong thing I Googled it, and the symptoms pointed to possible blood clot, so off to A+E I went. After having bloods done all was ok and they sent me home. But if you say it has been painful over the stated period of time, I'd personally get it checked out . Let us know the outcome Matt, all the best 😊

• Posted

Hey Matt. Probably nothing serious, maybe a pulled muscle or tendon. If it persists another day or two I'd recommend getting it checked out. But like I said, it's probably nothing serious and will go away on its own. Feel better! 

• Posted

Yeah, it's very weird. I don't understand why it's like that. Like I said, I wasn't doing anything strenuous. It just all of a sudden happened. I was at home and doing nothing really.

• Posted

Are you playing Sports and pulled  something

Try a warm bath or shower, direct the shower head onto the area of the discomfort.

Sometimes if you have been running you may tug a tendon. Give it time it will sort out

B.

• Posted

I have not played any sports recently. Also, it started to hurt out of nowhere. That's how it started.

• Posted

Could be anxiety or growing pains.

If you are really worried make an appointment with your GP.

Have you been crossing your legs or running upstairs? what you seem to have is a muscle pain and it could have been caused when you did not feel something at the time

B.

• Posted

You can always go see your gp if you feel that will make sense. Make sure you drink lots of water. Sometimes you can move wrong or stretch wrong and it pulls something for days. Some medicines can cause issues with muscles too. Easiest thing to do is if it still hurts in a week to go see your gp.
    • Posted

A few months back didnt you worry about dvts? You had flown to Germany had that awful experience then flew home. And you were doing so well. I think that was you. I would still say go see you gp but you do have to keep in mind you have bad anxiety as well.
    • Posted

Oh, I'm still doing fine. The only thing that's making me rowdy at the moment is the possibility of WW3. I worry about stuff like that. But, now I'm taking that energy from my fear and developing it into fuel for my passion. I just read something about ten minutes ago that triggered me. I said, "This is the final straw. I can't take it anymore." I'm going to do what I think I should do. I am going to push this energy into creating peace. Someone has to take a stand for this train coming off the rails. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.