Legs feel weird when i walk, cannot stand too long, hip and back pain HELP I AM SCARED

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ladies please help. Today has been a very bad day. My legs feel off. Heavy and hard to explain when i walk. My hips are painful with bad back pain. I have been taking breaks when i walk. This is the first time feeling this and then panic sets in. I couldn't even stand in the shower. Is this hormones or is it something else. I am freaking out.PLEASE HELP ANYONE

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I've had all kinds of issues with walking and standing for normal periods of time. Used to be I would feel off balance in weird ways. Now that is gone and instead I feel weird numbness sometimes heaviness. and when I stand in same position, my legs get red and I feel more hot and weird. Idk, it's all crazy to me! and horrific. It's like the worst torture you can go thru w.all the uncomfortableness and unknowns. Hugs

• Posted

Yes its Peri symptom

me too facing this problem

difficult to stand for long..my leg start paining and feel off balance.

suffering from long..hoping for better days

Put ur legs in warm Epsom salt water ..its helpful

tk

• Edited

I get a very odd numbness to my lower legs. It's not deep numbness, it's hard to explain..it's the skin through a few layers beneath. They feel very heavy somedays..again it's the lower legs(below the knee). I get a tingly sensation from time to time. I thought maybe it was diabetes, but all bloodwork comes back normal. My doctor suggested that I up my water intake, minimize the amount of processed foods and to cut down on salt. It isn't bothering me at the moment, but as I said it comes and goes so we'll see if this lasts.

• Posted

Hi Joy

Was wondering how you doing? I have the same problem with the numbness in bottom legs... I have high BP... did doing all those things help you? I would really appreciate your feedback.

Tams

• Posted

I get the same thing with lower legs too. its all so strange and scary! wish we had confirmation of these weird things and knew it was hormones and wont last forever 😦

• Posted

Hi Sally,

I am sorry you're feeling so crummy!! I really wish I could sit down next to you and hug you and tell you it will all be ok.

I am going through these same symptoms lately.

It started a month ago exactly as you describe. Where 3 months ago I attended my daughter's last day of school and was on my feet for hours at a time with no problem.

My dr. says I have pyriformis syndrome (tight/overworked/shortened muscles in the butt area) and sent me to physical therapy.

I am getting some small relief from that finally, slowly, but am having to start very slowly with my activity level again.

I do think it has to do with hormones though... it came on so sudden after I missed a period (along with other hellscape symptoms... anxiety, muscle spasms everywhere, more headaches, loss of appetite and blinding fatigue) I can't believe it isnt related.

• Posted

If in any doubt go ad see ur doctor.you may need a blood test to get a clear diagnosis ?drop in hormone levels..i have felt as though i'vebeen wearing concrete boots i've felt so tired.alot of my joints hurt and my back pain has become worse.

I do feel that this site is a good source of info as we all have symptoms of the menopause but they vary so much .medication is not f or everyone but it may be worth talking to your doctor once you've got a definate diagnosis.good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.