Legs just ache after knee keyhole op

Posted , 4 users are following.

had my procedure about 11 weeks  ago now but  my  both  legs ache like  mad later on in the day.......why.?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

How old are you if I don't mind asking and are you in shape, and as well did your follow your pt religiously?
    • Posted

59 and fit and doing excercises regular. Worst in the evenings
  • Posted

If this has started since the weather got warmer I'd put it down to that. That's my reasoning for mine being achey in the evenings. I raise mine before I sleep to make my values in my veins work harder. Helps with mild fluid retention also.

Not a scientific or medical explanation but it may be worth trying

• Posted

I have a question for you guys. Does it hurt when you fully extend your leg? Basically like if your trying to flex your quad muscle? The is when I feel the MOST pain and as well same thing but standing up just fully extending my leg. I am 4 weeks post op so I'm just wondering if this is normal. Thank you
    • Posted

I was certainly the same at four weeks post op. Keep doing the physio and it will happen for you. At eight weeks post op I have been discharged from physio but continue the exercises or I get stiff. Don't worry too much about time scales, we all seem to recover differently
    • Posted

Okay that's good to hear. Thank you so much I'm just worried bc that was one of my biggest problems before surgery it hurt to fully flex my legs. I had a lot of synovial tissue build up but since they still hurt almost the same way I started to worry. I'm going to keep doing my excersies an hopefully in a few more weeks it will get bettee
    • Posted

Are you taking something to help the inflammation? My physio was horrified when I told her I just took them when I had pain and since taking them as prescribed, I do have almost full movement. The only thing I can't do yet is to twist my knee. My op was nine weeks today and I've only just found the confidence to go out for an actual 'walk' of no specific distance but I can build on that slowly.

Keep in touch and let us know how you're progressing

• Posted

No I'm honestly not. Just like you when my legs really hurt I'll take something for inflammation. I do
    • Posted

I do pt around 4 times a week an usually when I don't do pt I'll try to move my knee around a little bit or I'll feel it get a little stiff. Doc told me 3 to 4 months you'll start feeling better so we'll see I just truly want my legs back. I will definitely keep posting here with questions since you guys are a little more ahead of the game then me so good luck to the both of you and God bless!
    • Posted

So it's week 5 post op an my knee is still hurting me. I'm really starting to worry now on the count of its almost the same pain I had before the surgery! Do you think that's normal or should I talk to my op. They wanna see me in 3 more weeks
    • Posted

It was at six weeks that I started to feel changes for the better. It's very frustrating but you can discuss this with your GP.
    • Posted

My knee is tired tonight so I've just been doing my physio. I've been up and down a ladder today painting.

I have been discharged by the surgeon this week so I'm doing good

• Posted

That's great I'm very happy that your doing better lol trust me I have those days. Some days are defiantly better then others. Now if you don't mind me asking what did the doctor fix when you did the keyhole surgery.
    • Posted

I am new to this forum. Joined today.  I am 5 weeks post arthroscopy surgery and still in a lot of pain in my knee. I am doing knee excercises daily. I am still using crutches. Am wondering, when will I be pain free. 
    • Posted

Hello hazel. Trust me at 5 weeks I was thinking the same thing. Wasn't using crutches tho I actually never used crutches I walked out of there the same day of surgery. I'm now 14 weeks post op I am not 100 percent better but doing a whole lot better then before surgery. I've talked to many people saying it took up to six months to feel no pain but everyone is different some people start running after just s few weeks. Some days I feel great literally barley any pain but then other days are different were I do feel a little stiff an have pain. Just keep stretching and strengthening another thing that helped me a lot personally was doing myofasical release on my legs which basically is like foam rolling or using a lacrosse ball. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
    • Posted

Thank you fadi for the information. Finding this forum has helped me a lot,

I will post again when I am pain free.  At the moment it feels like it's not going to happen ! ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.