Legs very weak from massive anxiety? Help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone...first post.

Im 41.  Ive been dealing with massive anxiety the past 8 years.  My wife passed away from ALS 6 years ago at 34.  We had three babies together -- they are 10, 8, and 6 now.  Im on no meds.

In addition to constant anxiety I deal with:

Severe panic attacks around large groups

Very weak legs (though they still strong)

Feel like they are gonna give out

My body is always shaking a little

Frequently hypervenilating

Tremors when im very anxious

Socially worried what ppl think

Im always afraid Im gonna collapse.  But never have.  The legs feel worse when Im somewhere new or foreign -- like a stadium or venue.  They always feel sore from the tension.

Anyone have this?  Im scared I have Parkinsons or the like.  Google worries me.  My doc says its lower back tension that has manifested from stress.

Please help.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey, im so sorry for your loss..

And dont worry, its very likely nothing serious. I have this too, muscle twitches, weak legs and arms and general fatigue and dizziness. It is al due to anxiety and since you find it more severe when youre somewhere new im 99% sure its just anxiety. Our bodies become exhausted from all that stress and it manifests itself in many different ways.

I know its hard convincing yourself youre physically helathy, but if doctors say you are, you must believe them. Wish you the best of luck !

• Posted

Hi viking, every single symptom you described, I've had! Horrendous isn't it. At my worst, I'd be upstairs, the door would knock lounged lying and my legs literally turn to jelly. I don't make it down to the door as my nerves feel shot! Then I think :I just wish I felt normal. What you are describing sounds to me like anxiety. Have you tried beta-blockers? They can help with the physical symptoms you have described. So sorry to hear about your wife x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.