Let’s have a few laughs today...

Posted , 16 users are following.

What is the stupidest thing you have been told by a health care provider regarding your symptoms? I mean like after you heard it...you could not believe they went to school for this.

ME: Dr, I cannot eat, I am losing weight, I am sick, dizzy, ready to collapse.

DR: People can go 6 weeks without eating. (Actual answer given at an ER visit)

4 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well.......talking to a male gynecologist expressing my concerns over bladder burning, burning, pelvic pain, he said well welcome to your forties where your hormones are doing their grand finale before hitting actual menopause. There was no further tests, no examinations......thankfully those symptoms have settled by me doing alternative therapies no thanks the the medical field. I have had spent most of my forties doing my own research and alternative therapies because any doctor I have seen for any new concerning symptom I am told if caused by stress/anxiety or perimenopause.

• Posted

I told my GP that I was experiencing menopausal symptoms and she said I was too young and denied my claims. So on a different visit I told her that I wanted to switch blood pressure medications because the one I was taking was making me have intolerances to heat. She said, "Oh that may be coming from your menopause symptoms." I wanted to say to her, oh you mean the menopause symptoms that you said I'm not having? " So instead of switching medications, I switched doctors. 😂

• Posted

you may try celery, carrot, cucumber juice every morning to improve your high blood pressure. It works for a lot people.

• Posted

same here..."you are too young for this" but I wish they were right!

I am a rare exception to the rule....my current doctor is relative and he seems to believe me sometimes....but since I have regular periods and ovulations every month he thinks that I have adequate levels of estrogen.

On my last visit he prescribed me magnesium and a vaginal creme for my horrbile symptoms ...I am gonna give a try but I know that I need hormones and especially estradiol.

Estradiol is the only solution I think in order to regain my lost for years balance!

• Posted

Evi, my estradoil level was 224 which is supposedly normal. I am having all sorts of issues. My obgyn was basically useless and said I wasn't in perimenopause. But, she did say you don't need a huge imbalance to have symptoms. It can be a slight imbalance...it just has to be an imbalance for you.

• Posted

Hello Staci, on which day was your estradiol 224? Indeed, this level is considered normal..mine was only 24 on day 3 of cycle along with high fsh.

I am sure that it is a kind of hormonal imbalance or sth autoimmune? I do not know an I never believed that I would feel so sick and awful

my symptoms are so severe

• Posted

Evi,

I honestly don't remember. If I had to guess, it was maybe mid-cycle. My periods are 21 days apart, so maybe day 10? My obgyn does blood work in the office, so I was tested on the day I had the appointment. Although, I have read many posts about a certain day being better. Like I said though, the obgyn said the imbalance doesn't have to be great to feel the effects. My FSH was 3.9. Hence the reason why I wasn't taking seriously when I said I am having symptoms. She said, "Maybe if those numbers were reversed." She then referred me to an endocrinologist and said my symptoms sounded more adrenal.

I don't get it. It was this premiere obgyn with over 400 five-star reviews. They hand you an iPad to complete your forms, no paper. There was a fancy wooden/log dish in the office filled with almonds for snacking. The sofa and chairs in the waiting room were leather. You would think she had heard symptoms like mine before, but nope. This forum is the only place where I have found any comfort talking about my symptoms.

• Posted

I just thought of another one...Last year...this is so stupid...but I took a chewable pink antacid tablet before bed...the next morning, my tongue turned black and gritty. My heakth anxiety thought I had internal bleeding. Anyways, tried to call my dr at the time, but they never answer...so I drove over there. I ended up seeing some resident dr. They took blood and a chest xray...then, I was alone in the room with him and he kept asking about my mental state and if I had ever engaged in any risky behavior. I said no, what do you mean...he says like doing something and not telling anyone. I got up and left. I swear he was a perv. The whole time it was just a normal reaction to the antacid...had I read the box it said may cause tongue to turn black... DUH! But, instead of just telling me...why did he trap me in a room asking weirdo questions.

• Posted

Risky behavior that causes your tongue to turn black?!?! I could say so many things....Haha!!!!!!!

• Posted

Ha,ha! If you knew me personally I am so the opposite of risky behavior...never even had a parking ticket 😃

• Posted

do not use antacid for acid reflux. Use a little bit baking soda before bed and Slipper Elm ( no food before and after 2hrs), it is much better . Put your bed on head side a little bit higher(4--6cm). Check your thyroid to see if you have overactive one? Thyroid can cause a lot problem.

• Posted

haha! my GP said you have symptoms but no diseases, live on it!haha!

• Posted

Lucy,

My primary doctor said something similar, she said, "Go to work. Deal with it."

• Posted

Ha! I was once told to relax and smile more...and enjoy life...wow that was a waste of a co pay! I could have gotten that info from a fortune cookie!

• Posted

You just made me laugh so hard! But you're right, it did sound like a fortune cookie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.