Levels classed as normal but still exhausted, fat, insomniac & low libido.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Here are my latest results.  Any advice will be greatly received.

Serum TSH 0.05

Serum free T4 21.1

Full blood count normal

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yup, the meds don't work. 

After 5 years of a roller coaster thyroid medication hell, I dumped the meds. 

Wean youself off the meds with ThyroGold. Try taking essential amini acids. 

Look at subacute pancreatitis if you have gut problems.

• Posted

MtViewCatherine - what would you classify as gut problems?  Are we talking about bloating and constipation or something more like pain?  
    • Posted

Jaybird, pain, bloating and constipation, yes. But gut problems can range from food sensitivities, parasites, microbial imbalances, malnutrition/ deficiencies,  infections and all sorts of autoimmune disease, as well as severe edema.

After decades struggling with thyroid disease and looking at what seems every related factor... it appears that gut health is closely linked with thyroid disease. I feel it is likely that chronic or subacute pancreatitis is the culprit of thyroid related gut problems.

No doubt. I have advanced thyroid disease, but the synthetic meds actually worsened and accellerated the disease. I feel I may have had subacute pancreatitis for a long time. I’ve started treating naturally with dietary changes, heat and supplements, and feel much better. I’ve found white rice is my new best friend, as it is very easy to digest and doesn't seem to trigger the pancrease as much as other foods.

When I started on yge synthetic thyroid medications, I experienced the acceleration of my thyroid disease and many sympyoms- massive bloating, rapid weight gain (I mean like 30 pounds of water weight), inability to digest foods, food senditivities, leaky gut, onset of additional autoimmune disease.  I feel panceatitis was also triggered or worsened by the thyroid meds.

I take essentual amino acids for the thyroid disease. For the chronic pancreatitis, the best thing is heat- sitting in a hot tub, jacuzzi or sauna. Digestive enzyme capsules  help a lot.  Also I do acupuncture and specialized  massage. The first step is to keep things from getting backed up. Next is proper digestion, so you can get nutrition. When you look at symptoms of thyroid disease, they parallel magnesium deficiency and other malnutrition symptoms. 

Oh, I also take (otc) prenatal vitamins. They don't have any extra additives (that can cause allergies) and they are good quality high potency supplements.

My thyroid diet is gluten free oaleo. However, I find a fasting white ruce diet to be extremely helpful when the gut stuff flairs up.

• Posted

Thyroid diet- gluten free Paleo style diet. Nothing processed, absolutely no cheating on the wheat and other gluten.

Pancreatitis diet - to stop an attack, white rice fast. I used a tablespoon of cooked white rice at mealtimes and found this type of fast to be incredibly helpful. Now tgat I feel better, I keep some cooked white rice (with a bit of ficed carrots and onions) around, and eat a small bowl of rice instead of a regular meal when my belly starts to feel irritated. If that doesn’t solve it, I go to smaller portions or skip a meal or two and eat very light.  I avoid raw vegetables and leafy greens when I’m bloated, they just make it worse.

I was shocked to realize the flare-ups of autoimmune attacks  I was experiencing were actually caused by pancreatitis attacks.

White rice is easy to digest snd doesn't seem to trigger the pancreas as much.

If you want an earful, read the levothyroxin group post, “Unacceptable side effects of levothyroxin” and the pancreatitis group on treating chronic pancreatitis.  There are thousands of posts from people about how levothyroxin doesn’t work and makes people sick.

The pancreatitis posts are a little more difficult to sift through but offer an interesting picture since folks seem to have many of the same symptoms (particularly gut problems and vitamin/mineral deficiencies) as thyroid patients. 

Feel free to send me a private message if you'd like resources. I’m happy to share what books abd supplements have been helpful for me as well as what didn't work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.