lexapro increased to 20 mgs. from 15mg. extremely jittery help!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey all!! I need some positive feedback.. I was on lexapro 15mgs. For 6 weeks. Worked very well. Then I had some break thru panic, and depression.. the doctor upped doseage to 20mgs.. now I'm feeling really shaky and jittery all day.. I started Monday of last week.. is this normal ? Will this subside anytime soon? I have been given .5mgs of klonopin 2x a day and .5mgs of xanax for break thru panic attacks.. it's keeping me out of the er and going crazy.. any positive feedback would be very helpful.. feel like I'm going crazy. Thanks all

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I just upped from 15mg to 20mg this morning, so cant't comment on effects, but i am sure they will pass for you, typically start up effects happen with every dose increase
    • Posted

One week today jitterness has went away quite a bit.. no longer need the klonopin.. still would like to feel better.. I'm nervous though bc I felt great for 3 weeks when I upped my dose the last time, then it all came back .. not as bad but was having anxiety n depression.. how are u doing ?
    • Posted

i feel quite anxious, bit foggy headed and taking a while to drop off at night. This is day 3 for me on 20mg, had upped the previous week from 10 to 15mg

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.