Life after gallbladder removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my gallbladder out in June 2015. I had SOD surgery after that. I always have pain in the right side by my ribs that wraps around to my back. After getting nowhere here I went to Mayo Clinic. They diagnosed me with a spinal issue. Went to spine pain management at home. After several epidural son relief. I just went to a orthopedic surgeon. Having another MRI and Ct. Scan. I have some good days but some really bad days. Pain and a feeling of just ill. It's always on the right side of my body. Now my knee hurts. This is a horrible way to live.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patricia,

I hope it gets better for you. my surgery was just 16 days ago and I have a pain in my side that goes around my back not that much. I use a hot water bottle. I still can not eat as when I do I spend all that time running to the bath room. Yours has been over a year and I do not to have the same happening to me. I hope they can help you at the clinic you go to. 

Terry 

• Posted

Hi, Patricia, sorry to learn you're still in pain.  Did your doctors investigate Median Arctuate Ligament Syndrome?  (MALS).  There is surgery to take care of this.

Best of luck to you! Let me know how you get on!

• Posted

Thank you. I've never heard of that. I feel like I have to do all the work finding doctors etc.... It's really been a rough road. Thank you

• Posted

I understand how you're feeling.  For some reason, my private messaging has been turned off.  But if you look on line, there's information about it at a famous clinic in ohio.  

Someone posted about this on the site.  His daughter had it, and had simple surgery to fix it.  

Please do let me know how you get on!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.