Life destroying anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im knew to this, but need to talk to people who understand or are experiencing the same as i am, iv got too children a nearly 3 year old and a 12 week old, i started getting anxiety after a misscarrage as i had to give birth to my little boy at 16 weeks his heartbeat stopped, i ended up in hospital for 6 weeks on and off ended up with septacemia and nearly had to have a blood transfusion as the nurses didn't believe i was ill and ignored the signs which caused me to be very ill, that is when my health anxiety kicked started as you can understand, then i had a little girl and after having her i got very anxious about my health again every little thing kicked it off as i started to get physical symptoms, calmed down after a couple of month never found anything wrong with me apart from diagnosing reflux , but all other symptoms undiagnosed, all seemed go away, had a few anxiety attacks but nothing lasting longer than an hour, recently had my little boy he's now 12 weeks i i haven't been ablento enjoy him, from a week after he was born over been in and out of AnE for two week daily thinking in was dying, started with bad pelvic and back pain, then my chest thing I ng i was having an heart attack, waking up 3-4 times a night having a panic attack, didn't eat sleep for 4 days , my whole body was burning and week sweating so bad and could harldly see getting tremours and shakes hearing voices, was convinced i had something wrong with my head, my mum ended up paying private for a head MRI and a pelvic ultrasound as i was convinced i had PID, all came back normal rolleyes which now im convinced its my heart or i have inflamed blood vessels rolleyes got a echo on Friday and waiting results of blood tests iv asked for which i had done today, im currently on olazapine 10mg at night and today they have also put me on progablin 50mg twice a day, i seriously need this to all stop , its effecting everyone as well as me its,like im going mad, i couldn't even explain all my symptoms as it would take me hours i get that many its awful but past week they have been non stop its been like a week long severe anxiety attack with depression and phycosis!! I cant cope with it it is absolutely destroying my life, to say a year ago i was a happy bubbly silly kind of person always joking and playing tricks and making fun plans with everyone now i seriously don't know who i am

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear you have had so much to deal with. It's certainly sounds like you are suffering from post traumatic stress and no amount of tests is going to help with that. You really need theoretic supper with correct medication. I'm sure you can get back to how you once was but you will need supper and a go that understand the tremodous anxiety you are facing. I hope your situation improves soon. Bereavement counselling is probably a good idea too, you've ben through so much. Xxx
    • Posted

Sorry whats theoretic supper,? And thank yo . For you reply, yes feels like im going through the worst every time and I no it wont happen over night bit defiantly need all the help i can get, i thinking tests will help out and put my mind at rest as once something is in my head it doesn't go away till i know its OK if the makes sense? I am defiantly a different person this year everyone i know has commented and its upsetting , my mum has taken time of work sick because of me its affecting everyone how i am xxx
    • Posted

Sorry auto spell! Therapeutic support!! Like counselling or CBT. I think the tests will make you feel better for a short while but then the anxiety will resurface in a different symptom because health anxiety sues that until you address the real problem which might be grief or fear X
    • Posted

Ah thought So i should of realised lol, im going for phycotherapy but they waiting till im in a more stable mind before they start me they have said , so hoping these meds kick in soon then i can start and get in the road to getting back to myself xx
  • Posted

The septacaemia must have had a big effect on your body causing you major internal infections hence all the sweating and burning sensations in your blood vessels and possibly all other areas.

I hope that you recover soon and that you can enjoy looking after your familiy again.   The anxiety could just be a knock on effect of the bad experience that you had in A and E with the premature birth of your child and its consequences.

I hope you don't have depression for too long and can get back to normal soon.

rich

• Posted

The septacemia was in 2012 that's when its all stemmed from, burt these symptoms are all happening now these past few weeks its awful, im convinced there's something but infections markers and ECG s I had done a few weeks ago was normal thanks for your reply x
  • Posted

I know how you feel. I've been suffering since July of 2015. Lost weight, stay home all the time. Going to a doc visit makes me anxious. I've never been like this since my anxiety disorder started when I was 21 and I am 45 now. My Paxil, which is the hardest antidepressant to come off of that some doctors won't prescribe it. Even though I'm still taking it I get withdrawal symptoms. Started on Prozac recently but it increased my anxiety so I'm weaning off of it too. I feel like crap 95% of the time. My doc wants me to take olanzapine also, but I'm scared once I get on it if I need to stop I won't be able to. I am very sensitive to medication. How long have you been on the Olanzapine? I take a 1.25 mg dose to sleep as needed and when I get close to my menstrual cycle my anxiety goes haywire.
    • Posted

The olanzapine help Me sleep i started on them about 4 weeks ago, started on 2.5mg then went up go 5mg and now im on 10mg once at bedtime, and yesterday i started on pregablin so just gotta see if they work for me, i woke up fine this morning bit soon as i sat up i started with chest pain, nausea and the shakes and the weirdos feelings in NY neck im not too sure if i have some kind of slipped disk or something pressing on a nerve as its always worse with how im sat or lay for some reason which kick starts my anxiety as well
    • Posted

Did the drowsiness in the morning get better after you took it a while?
    • Posted

A little, but then they upped it and then upped it again, now i can be flat out soon as im asleep till morning and not here a this, which isn't good as i have 2 children but my partner is great

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.