life is not worth it

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just feel life is not worth living, I never feel really happy. If someone does something kind I feel like crying. Today a gentleman moved his trolley so I could get past his wife asked him why he had moved round the corner then as she saw me walk round she said to him I take back what I said to him and smiled at me. I just wanted to cry but managed to control it as shop was busy. I feel I just want to curl up I a corner where nobody can see me or will find me and die.

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey I am sorry about how u feel may I ask what triggers your tears and why when people do soemthing kind to you it makes u cry
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sometimes when u try thinking of the reason why certain things make u upset u can try to figure out an outcome that can get rid of this feelings
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi very unhappy, I am so sorry that you feel so low and down.....how old are you ? If you don't mind me asking.....have you got any problems at home.. I know how dreadful it feels to live under a large black hole.xx

Please go and talk openly to your doctor, he / she will be able to help in so many ways...can you confide in a family member or close friend....

I too felt exactly the same as you do, but antidepressants ( sertraline 200 mg ) have helped me enormously.....I still have bad days but I can cope with it easier now..

Please get help from somewhere, you should ( and can be ) enjoying life...I wish you all the luck in the world, and Great Big hugs to you..Deirdre xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have been like this a long time, I am 56 have everything I need, I have posted on this site a long time ago but decided to try and give it a miss because I was replying to others but couldn't help myself. 

I have been on antidepressants for nearly 9 years, I retired nearly 3 years ago with a good pension. Had a course of CBT I am now under mental health team awaiting another couse of CBT. I have managed to talk to a nurse in the mental health team about something very deep rooted but I have not been able to tell the psychiatrist. I saw her last week following an overdose 2 weeks earlier.i know this will sound strange but  just prior to seeing her I was beginning to feel quite good, but after seeing her I felt really low again. I had found the session hard.

I have an appointment with the psychiatrist on the 27th April. Chances are I will start to feel better given time and then by the time I see the psychiatrist I will be ok. I don't know whether to try and see the nurse again before I see psychs . I am just a mess at the moment.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Dear unhappy, I understand very well the difficulties of opening up about past traumas and unhappiness..I.too was under a psychiatrist for many, many, years, also a CPN and a psychologist....I found it very traumatic opening up about past events, but you will get through it I promise...

I was sectioned four times and it literally saved my life...depression and a crippling alcohol problem....

Try to think that past events are gone, whatever happened in the past ( no matter how awful ) and any mistakes you made a gone also...

Start you life from tomorrow with a clean slate and live for EVERY day as the whole new wonderful future,... I wish you so much luck and happiness, keep your chin up...big hugs, DEIRDRE, please let us know how you are doing...the only way is up...xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Deidre I understand where you are coming from but my situation isn't particularly based on past events although they have contributed to the way I think and what I wish on myself.now, and that is what I can't help doing to myself, i feel it is a form of self harm although i do not physically hurt myself except when I have taken a couple of overdoses which haven't needed any medical intervention because I know I haven't taken enough to do any harm. I have only told someone a few days later and none of my family even know now.

they cannot section me because I am not a danger to anyone, I think having been a nurse for over 30 years, has kept me quite rational, it's just this feeling of don't want to be bothered (yet still engage) but I would b

e quite happy just to stay at home. I have got things booked in near future but the way I feel i couldn't care less if we didn't go yet I know when I am there I will quite enjoy it. As you see it's complicated.

thanks for the hug xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

And I too know what it feels like to want to cry when someone says something kind to me ,and when they do something kind for me. It is so emotional.I have been this way for a long time now ,but I am more able to deal with it ,if I want to cry ,I wait till I am on my own then shed a few tears ,but ,I now see them as tears of joy ,for the kindness said or done .

Maybe if you can try it this way ,it maybe of some help to you too.

like as has been said ,please do keep in touch with us ,letting us know how you are doing

here are some hugs for you ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs ))))))))))))))))))))))

now go and shed a few tears ,and see them as being healthy tears nad tears of joy

xx

milly

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi yes it's kindness which gets you every time isn't it?   When my depression was bad I would feel like crying too if anyone was kind to me.   Are you seeking help from  your doctor/counsellor?   If not please get help.  There is treatment available and you don't need to feel like this you know.   x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up