Life keeps throwing bad things at me - I can't cope any more

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've posted on here numeous times before so apologies if I am repeating myself.

To cut a very long story short... in the past 20 months I have suffered a head injury, post concussion syndrome, cognitive problems, nervous breakdown, acquired a drug-induced movement disorder tardive dyskinesia, and now recently an ectopic pregnancy and emergency surgery at 7 weeks pregnant.

The baby was something I had wanted for 5 years and a glimmer of hope in the very dark times I've been having recently. To top it all off, my friend told me that she is pregnant yesterday and my brother is having a major op soon for bowel cancer.

Can life really keep on giving me all this stuff to deal with? I know logically I have done nothing wrong to deserve this and have to keep on picking myself up again and again but it is so hard to keep staying positive, So hard.... and the only thing keeping me sane is my family and daughter.

I am tired of it all, so tired. I am sick of being sick and tired of being tired. And scared I might have another relapse.

Why is life so hard? I know I have so much more than many in the world but sometimes it takes all of my strength not to get upset over things and see this.

I don't know where to turn to any more. :-(

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This has really upset me yet inspired me.

You've got through the last 20 months that shows how strong you are. you have a daughter and family to fight for. Focus on your positives. You've clearly done amazing to get through the last 20 months keep going you can do it. Xx

• Posted

Hi nikki. Glad u have at least turned to the forum. Life i think is incredibly hard as the world has evolved. If i sit & watch a film from the 50s & 60s i think wow life seemed more simple back then. Yes i know thats sad just a personal view but it looked a great time xx ive got lots of physical probs too that are getting to me so i understand. Although mentally im turnin a corner. So im thankful, but the physical side could put a stop to that if continuous. Hopefully not. Xx im awaiting cbt unsure if you have tried therapy hun? & or some mindfullness courses, maybe acupuncture. Xx aww sad to see ur in so much pain xxx

• Posted

Hi I hope your ok x life is so hard sometimes I feel your pain .. it seems any thing that is throwing at us is so so hard to deal with along with are illness x things will get better tho I hope lol Xx
  • Posted

Can I ask you why were you given the drug-induced medication? and what is tardive dyskinesia?  I am going through the same situation as you, ilnesses left & right, I am going thru Ropinolre (requip) withdrawls symptoms, I don't know if depression is one of them. I was put on Escitolopram 10mg but it's taking for ever to kick in,  I think I was also drug induced with Ropinore for parkinson's and honestly I think I was misdiagnosed.  But I hear you, I am in the same dark tunel, the only hope is FAITH!! that not right away will be 100% but little by little we will see the light.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.