life seems strange to me

Posted , 9 users are following.

I feel detached from myself and my own existence seems scary and everything around me seems strange like I'm in a movie . life seems empty because I overanalyzed my existence and something poped into my head that all my experiences and feelings are just my mini universe ,I know its sounds normal but for some reason Im anxious over it .I have dizziness and lots of flashbacks.I feel like I the only one having this problem because I did some research and I couldn't find anyone who has the same problem as me so I hope there is someone in the forum.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I have the same exact problem and I also have done research and haven't found much either. It scares me because even my family looks strange to me I hate it
  • Posted

I think this happens to a lot of us, it's just so hard to explain. I feel like this at least once a week and it's so scary. It's like you get stuck inside your head; stuck with your thoughts. When it happens I take a deep breath and shut my eyes. It's hard to turn it off. Sometimes I take a freezing cold cloth and put it on the back of my neck or my tummy. The shock of the cold kind of brings me back to reality. I'm sorry you are feeling like this. It's horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I have decided to be medicine free and I am learning to deal with the feeling on my own. Good luck to you!
  • Posted

Hi jakubss

Sounds like you are experiencing typical symptoms of anxiety/panic disorder.  Depersonalisation/Derealisation is the description given to these feelings, and you will see that thare are many posts on this forum describing what you are going through.  Many years ago it was not generally recognised, but now it is fairly common with people who suffer anxiety and are of a nervouse disposition.  It is scary, but can be overcome.....it seems to come and go depending on the state of mind you are in.  Maybe you need meds or therapy?  Good Luck!

• Posted

So it seems that all of our psychologists/psychiatrists say that depersonalization is a normal part of anxiety. Why can't I accept this? Why do I feel that it must be something more serious? Why do I think I know more than the professionals?
    • Posted

you cant accept it because its very powerfull and its happening to you so its hard to just listen and accept what others say because you may feel that they dont understand you fully but the reality is that they do if they are professioanls and just think of it as flu,it will go away but remember not to fight it yourself and just allow it to be with  with you because if you fight it ,you will start going even deeper which is not very helpfull.
  • Posted

Hey I know this was awhile ago but how do you feel now?
  • Posted

Hello.I don’t know if you will answear me,but I feel just like you.Since you’ve posted it 3 years ago,do you have some advices now?I feel really scared.
    • Posted

Hey I'm 13, and I fell the same way. It's really scary and I want it to stop. Is there anything I can do to make it go away? I've lived my whole life normal and this stated happening and it just randomly scares me that I'm not normal anymore and might be like mentally sick. I have the same thing as jakubs describes. Please respond, I just told my mom and we're gonna see a doctor soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.