Light at the end of the tunnel

Posted , 6 users are following.

Is anyone out there symptom free?  I'm 9 years into my last period and still suffer horrendous symptoms or the same as the ladies in the forum, however, no one steps up to the plate and "hallelujah's, I'm done and back to my normal self".  Anyone?  

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am now 70 and still "menopausal" 15 years on - I think it's for life. I get the occasional hot flush (I did take HRT for three years which stopped it but of course as soon as you go off HRT they start again, it's not a cure). But worse are the anxiety, crawling skin, disturbed sleep, and complete loss of sex life due to severe vaginal atrophy. I am a completely different person now and can't get used to it.
    • Posted

Hi Sue!  Thanks for sharing.  This a rough road and I do agree.  I've been trying to change the dialogue in my head to positive affirmations and they better work!!
    • Posted

Fortunately most women aren't as unlucky as me, and I really hope you won't be! Good luck with the positive internal dialogue... you could be back to the "real you" soon!
    • Posted

are you at least getting around outdoors, work, shopping, movies?  I'm going to keep that internal dialogue for you too!  
    • Posted

Thank you, that's really sweet! Yes, I keep myself really busy, working, volunteering, walking, exhibitions, pilates, art classes... got to keep myself distracted – in the most enjoyable ways!
    • Posted

You go girl!  You are doing better then me, just got sleepy reading your reply.  smile
    • Posted

I'm having problems with my tongue teeth nasty taste in my mouth and teeth ache tongue burns at times anxiety you name it I think I have experience it especially the teeth thing its weird

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.