Light brown discharge

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, 

I am 17 years old and I have had the implant for nearly 3 Years now. Whilst being on the implant I’ve had regular periods and bla bla. 

Since December I noticed that I’ve been getting light brown discharge, it started off in December when I got this light brown discharge for about a week so I just thought it was my period but there was no actual red blood, so how could it have been my period? I know old blood is brown but this discharge or period was just coming out light brown. 

I also haven’t been on my period since November. I’ve done a pregnancy test and it’s negative. 

I’ve been doing some research and it is saying that the light brown discharge could be a sign of menopause! ( I am also having a lot of anxiety and bleeding after me and my boyfriend have sex ) but I am clear for all stds. I am extremely worried because I don’t know why I am getting this light brown discharge and I never have before, sometimes it lasts for a week, or 2/3 days and then it goes. So I just thought it was my period but I don’t know! I’m very scared as I’m only 17 and don’t want to be going through menopause! 

Please help me, what could this be? Could this be my period, or just light brown discharge and if so why am I getting this discharge? 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.