Light Pe

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been on ovranette contraceptive pill for over 5 years now (with no long breaks - just the usual week free 'period') and no issues.

Since March/April this year, I've noticed that my 'period' on it is super light and only lasting a day or two. Usually it starts on a Monday and is quite heavy the first two days and finishes on the Friday. Now I don't start until Tuesday and am finished by Thursday with not much bleeding (just brownish stuff). I've also started getting really bad migraines the first day of my 'period' (or the day before its due). They are horrible.

I did speak to my GP about it a few weeks ago (although over the phone as no face to face appointments) and she wasn't much help to be honest. She even asked 'what do you think is wrong?' I'm not a doctor! She sent me for a blood test (as I mentioned by hair was falling out) but it came back fine and haven't had any follow up.

My boyfriend and I are hoping to move in together within the next year and start trying for a baby but I am worried that these symptoms are something bad or the pill has damaged by reproductive system in some way. The only thing I can think of doing is coming off the pill and see how my periods return to 'normal'. I am 28, no health issues other than this apart from I suffer from IBS.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.