Lightheaded

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been diagnose with anxiety three years ago . Symptoms come and go some of they come and go fast some stay for months now for over three weeks i feel lightheaded like i loose my balance this is on e off all day is this normal for anxiety or is something else just checked my ears no infection or earing problems but i have tinnitus . Thank you

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety can cause just about every problem you can think of, I've had extended periods of dizziness and lightheadedness
    • Posted

Thank you for replying. I am freaking out and crying because i think i have tumor . My face is twitching and tingling and feels tight sad ;(
    • Posted

Health anxiety is so common with anxiety,hard not to obsess about every single thing. The best idea is to deal with the root anxiety and not the health symptoms, once the anxiety is under control, so too will the health issues
  • Posted

You do not have a brain tumour so get them thoughts out of your head! It's just anxiety and remember it's YOUR body. I am anxious and dizzy right this minute. Just ride it through and do some breathing x
    • Posted

Thank you kristy. It makes me feel better just talking to anyone that understand what i go through. Take care
  • Posted

Hello - I have exactly this symptom as part of my anxiety. Mine is pretty much 24 x 7 and it's really tough to deal with! Mine tends to be worse when I'm in a situation where I might embarrass myself if I collapsed, fainted etc. For example when I'm sat in the hairdressers! You could try taking sea sickness tablets as that is meant to help a little!

I hope this helps x

• Posted

Thanks laura. I cant take it has been three weeks every single day on and off . I get so panicky that i think am i going to live untill toorrow ? Do you have vizion problem i get blurry sometime. Take care
  • Posted

You can do a quick blood pressure check as well. I have tinnitus all different noises from rumbling to ring at times. Its maddening sometimes. Pending on your age dizzy is part of anxiety.  Drink lots of water so your body is always hydrated, and learn proper breathing. Proper breathing stop the dizzy spells sometimes. You breathe using your belly. A quic internet search on proper breathing during anxiety or in general and im sure a bunch if videos will pop up and teach it to you. Many say breathing is the keys to alleviating many of the symptoms. 
    • Posted

Thanks lisa . I am 34 and had a blood test 5 months ago everything was ok. So i do not know who to blame for this dizziness. Take care
  • Posted

Anxiety does weird things physically. Being around people helps. I just cant get a grasp on happiness nor do I look forward to anything
    • Posted

Hi ken! Same here i don't like weekends i don't like going out . One little thing i feel and will set me back miles. Right now im sitting down cause if i move i will feel dizzy. Hell on earth, just try my best but is so hard. Don't give up , take care
  • Posted

Hi! I also have anxiety daily but also get health-fright panic attacks.

I have felt dizzy/off balance for weeks at a time. I had my ears checked to make sure I didnt have a virus or ear crystals because I felt like I was walking on a boat sometimes. I would also feel nausia. I was also convinced it was a brain tumour as I would get weird head sensations and that causes my heart rate to go sky high. My anxiety has been a bit better and things that helped were:

-exercising, specifically yoga. There were days that this was the last thing I wanted to do; I thought I would faint but never did. It lowers blood pressure

-talking to doctors. This didnt always help as some were useless but my neurologist convinced me I didnt have a tumour or anyurism

-reading sites like this. When my health anxiety was at its worst I would Google patient stories (those with tumours) and I could barely sleep. Reading sites like this one and no panic helped alot. I did not feel so alone

-medication. I am still trying to find one that helps more

-talking it out. You feel like you are going crazy and alot of people do not understand mental health issues because you look "fine"

All in all there are still days where I feel like my head is bobbing and I get vertigo and its hard to tell yourself your fine because you don't feel like it.

• Posted

Hi sara! Thank you . I dont try to go to my doctor because is not any help once they know what you have is like you bothering them so i go only for blood test once a year. Take care
    • Posted

I had to go to my family doctor 3 times to force him to listen to me. He was not even the one who suggested anxiety, even though I had nearly every symptom of panic attacks. Its their job to help you and sometimes you need to pester. My doc would tell me my symptoms did not make sense, or would joke that I was too young. It was very discouraging but I refused to leave his office until he would refer me to someone who would help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.