Lightheaded/Off-Balance....Scary!

Posted , 13 users are following.

I know I'm not alone in this, but I've been so lightheaded and dizzy today that it's got me in a panic...it was a bit better over the week-end and yesterday, but today I feel as though I'm going to topple over at any moment, even when I'm sitting in a chair....anyone have any advice for how to manage through this? I'm doing my best to "float" and not focus on the symptoms....I don't think I'm hyperventilating (I'm trying to pay attention to that and focus on belly-breathing), and I eat something small every two hours or so....I feel like such a mess today...to make matters worse, my boyfriend is going to be away overnight tonight, and I have myself worked up into a right state worrying that something will happen to me and no one will be home to help....I hate that I've become like this...I never used to be such a worrier sad

0 likes, 19 replies

Report / Delete

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi. I've been feeling this way for the past week (on and off) and I have no idea why and what triggers it. My family said that maybe I have low blood pressure. I'm not sure if that's the case. It's weird, because it happens so unexpectedly, either when I'm sitting or walking (the other day I almost fell). Are you drinking enough water and have enough vitamins? Do you sleep enough? I hope you feel better. xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

i did have a pretty horrible night's sleep last night, which may be a factor today (i've noticed that this particular symptom is worse when i'm tired)...i drink water constantly and take a multivitamin every day....i do have low(ish) blood pressure, but it's been that way my entire life and i've never had symptoms until the last eighteen months or so....i'm menopausal, and that's likely contributing as well (stupid hormones)...i'd just like to feel like my old self
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I agree with you as far as stupid hormones goes! mad Hadn't thought of that but they could likely be contributing. They can really mess you up and they usually make my anxieties worse. I guess you can never know what kind of symptoms you'll be blessed with, huh? Wishing you all the best xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

This is the worst and most difficult of my anxiety symptoms... Its very troublesome! My GP gave me something to help but being a new medication of course i was too scared to take it. The dizziness got so bad and was triggering so many panic attacks that i  forced myself to try the tablets the doctor prescribed. I take one a day and they do help! I am allowed to take 3 a day and will build myself up to 3 if i need them.  
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi tracie....i'm sorry that you're struggling as well...if i may ask, what did your doctor prescribe for you? i'm hugely phobic about taking medications, but i may need to resort to that if this continues...i can't be a wreck every single day!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It is called prochlorperazine and is for labyrinthitis/ vertigo etc. i am hugely phobic of meds too, but after months of suffering, CBT and anti d's it was the only thing still troubling me so i had to try them... I got my mother to come round and sit with me while i took the first one so that if i freaked out she could talk me down... She kept me distracted and calm and it has been a good move because taking away some of that dizzy feeling has helped my anxiety alot x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Wearykitty, is your boyfriend contactable on the phone if your struggling? If you've got ipad or iphone you could FaceTime each other.

if you get in a state as you say have the number for Mind at hand and give them a call.

Mind Infoline 0300 123 3393 (weekdays 9am - 6pm) info@mind.org.uk

Saneline 0845 767 8000 (everyday 6pm-11pm)

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi i suffer from this too - diziness for up to a week, floor moving etc, then when it goes as soon as i notice and feel pleased i get something else - the last couple of days has been tingling and strange sensations in my tongue and mouth and feeling like my tongue is swollen - it isn't.  I know its ard but maybe we need to go through these feelings a few times and come through the other end to realise that they are just feelings and don't do nany harm? xxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sounds like anxiety is kicking in abit. I get like that if i have negative thoughts all day. That or medication your taking is causing you side effects.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Lots of advice, and sympathy, but no one has offered any advice to have you check your BP, or maybe find out from a doctor if you have an inner ear infection. I've had both, the inner ear infecion can effect your equilibrium, I was holding on to walls when it was at it's worse. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I had labyrinthitis, 3 weeks ago but I still feel dizzy, two doctors said it's labyrinthitis and then another doctor said it's anxiety, I even went back and insisted it wasn't my anxiety, he again said it is 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have the same symptoms! I too do not want to take Meds. My pressure was high at one time mandated I was forced to take pressure pills. Weeks later my symptoms got worse because of it. I immediately came off of it. Ever since, I've bend trying to get back to my normal self/feelings. Lately I've been going to the Hralth food store, trying to est healthy and drink lots of greens, and REAL fruits juice blends. They have Herbal Supplements to help cure ANYTHING. I saw one for Anxiety and Stress, plus other symptoms. It's call "Bliberry Complex". So far I've seen a Major Major difference in my health. My feelings aren't soo bad anymore(Thank you Jesus)! In my shakes/blended Juice and Vegs, I also ask them to put some extra proteins called "Ginko Biloba", which helps with Dizziness and funny head sensations"floating". TRY THEM OUT!!! Hope you feel better FAST!! 👍😉
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello I feel like spaced out all the time head pressure feel dizzy and I  constantly feel like I’m floating even when I’m walking and if I standstill my legs really hurt what did you take for this as I’ve been like this for three years and I’m really struggling now thank you 
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up