Lightheaded/Off-Balance....Scary!

Posted , 13 users are following.

I know I'm not alone in this, but I've been so lightheaded and dizzy today that it's got me in a panic...it was a bit better over the week-end and yesterday, but today I feel as though I'm going to topple over at any moment, even when I'm sitting in a chair....anyone have any advice for how to manage through this? I'm doing my best to "float" and not focus on the symptoms....I don't think I'm hyperventilating (I'm trying to pay attention to that and focus on belly-breathing), and I eat something small every two hours or so....I feel like such a mess today...to make matters worse, my boyfriend is going to be away overnight tonight, and I have myself worked up into a right state worrying that something will happen to me and no one will be home to help....I hate that I've become like this...I never used to be such a worrier sad

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya wearykitty, hope your feeling better today, I was feeling like that yesterday the first time in a while, got up this morning thinking I was fine then bang feeling dizzy to the point of feeling im going to die, I know we can tell ourselves that we're not going to diefrom this but it doesn't sink in, we will get better chic although it doesn't seem like it at times, take care, hang on in there and hope you have a good day smile xx
  • Posted

I was feeling like I was going to pass out a week ago then I went to my doctor and told her how I felt  that i thought maybe it might be from a panic attack so she prescribed something for me and I took it for a week and was doing fine until this morning when I woke up and sat up and felt very dizzy and now Im panicking again to wonder why its happening again to me.  I live alone and being disabled makes it only worse for me.  I thought I could deal with this but it seems like its coming back again, I know I have to see my doctor again which will be on the 28th but I think Im going to contact her to see her soon.  I am very scared right now and worried that I may have diabetes.  Im really SCARED I wish I had someone here with me!!! any comfort would be greatly appreciated for the way Im feeling, I don't want to die!!    

• Posted

The last post I put in to wearkitty was a mistake that was a discussion that I was starting  on me ...sorry wearkitty but I do hope your getting better.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.