Line of itchy bumps

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I'm over 20 years post menopause and suffer from soreness, itchyness and dryness. Vagifem helped but I had to discontinue due to side effects. Anyhow been getting extra itchy along a line of small white bumps beyond the outer labia.

If I inadvertently scratch during the night they get extra itchy and also sore. This has been a longstanding problem but it seems to be getting worse so have made an appointment with GP - but the earliest is next week and I'm freaking out a bit.

I haven't had any sexual contact in years. Nevertheless would have gone to the nearest walk in sexual health clinic - except it's only for teens!

Just wondered if anyone had anything similar or knew of any home remedies that might help pending the GP appointment.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

PS the only thing that comes close on an intenet search is Fordyce spots.
  • Posted

Hi Chris.  I suffered something similar for around seven years before by accident I discovered I was sensitive to the chemicals in the Nightshade group of fruits and vegetables.  It's called Nightshade Sensitivity and if I avoid eating potato, tomato, chilli, eggplant, tobacco, capsicum (aka bell peppers), paprika and goji berries, my symptoms disappear completely.  I've had a number of friends, all post-menopausal ladies like myself, who've suffered from the same thing, and doctors by and large haven't heard of it.  All of them have had relief of symptoms by simply avoiding the foods listed above.  Give it a try: you've got nothing to lose but your itch! 

Good luck!

Minamii

• Posted

Many thanks

As you say nothing to lose. Will give it a try!

Chrissy

• Posted

Just an update.

The GP wasn't sure what they were - thinks maybe skin tags but not warts. It's all actually settled a bit lately. Have been given some Replens plus a steroid cream for 10 day use.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.