Lingering Migraines and Vertigo leading to dangerous depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been dealing with vertigo and migraines since March. They are debilitating. Multiple hospital visits have only ended with doctors saying there is nothing wrong with me. Vestibular therapy has helped the vertigo a bit. However the migraines remain. I can't even sit in a chair without developing blood rushing to my head and a pulsating migraine headache. Again, doctors say nothing is wrong with me. I'm given imitrex and topimax but that doesn't do much.

I wake up every morning to a pounding headache. The only slight bit of relief is to stay laying in a prone position. Movement usually brings upon nausea. Most days I feel like stabbing a screwdriver into my temple.

I've had to resign from my job. I have medical bills I cannot afford to pay. I've lost all hope in the medical profession. I fear I'll never get better. I want to get in my car drive away and disappear.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hate that you're feeling like this, babe. The physical pain you're feeling is - believe it or not - similar to the never ending mental pain that some of us go through. I used to think of an electric drill into my skull sometimes...

The doctors have given you some meds, but they're not working, is that what you're saying? I suppose that means they're listening to you a little? I don't know but really can sympathise. Try the migraine headache forum and please don't give up just yet xxxx

• Posted

Hi have you had any scans either a CT scan or an MRI?  If not insist that they are carried out.  Also try drinking more water as sometimes this can make migraines worse.  x

This sounds horrible and I hope you find some answers.  x

• Posted

Hi zaxman - sorry to read that you are suffering in this way - debilitating in ways that those of us who are not sufferers cannot imagine. I respond because your post made me think immediately of botox, which has been used with great effect for some migraine sufferers. It's worth researching, and your doc would be the one to approach with this possibility. Meanwhile best of luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.