Lingering Redness in Tip of Penis

Posted , 2 users are following.

36/m, 5'10", 188 lbs, nonsmoker here.

I’ve had redness in my penis, especially the tip, for about 6 weeks now. You can see there is a general redness as well as a couple of spots where it is a little darker/more pronounced.

STDs ruled out (extensive testing), have now been using Betamethasone Dipropionate twice daily. Sometimes it seems to help get rid of redness for a bit but it always returns a couple hours later. Have tried antifungal and antibiotic creams and ointments, too, but don't really seem to work.

Any ideas on how I can kick this lingering issue? I will keep using the Betamethasone but I’ve been on it for 7 days now. Any suggestions welcome!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

what i would have suggested u seem to have already tried what i would suggest id if any of the creams are not working after a week of use u go bck and visit your doctor also if u are using any soap to wash with change to just water instead and dont have sex until the skin has properly healed otherwise u risk further irritation if u masturbate always use a water based lubricant as they are better for the skin ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.