Lipoma on my lower spine (L3 level), causing pain and tingling?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I've had my MRI, I've gone through my primary care doctor, who referred me to a dermatologist. The dermatologist stated that I shouldn't be experiencing any pain, but I am, and because of the depth and location, he referred me to a plastic surgeon for removal. But I feel crazy, and I'm starting to second guess myself. It feels like there is pressure on my lower back, my hips, and consistent tingling in my left foot. Standing for more than 10-15 minutes becomes REALLY uncomfortable, sitting does as well (especially if I sit back) and I've lost countless hours of sleep due to genuine discomfort. Every doctor I've spoken with tells me "theoretically it could, but it shouldn't" but I haven't had consistent back pain like this in all my life (outside of sciatica flare ups that last me about a week). Is this pain something that the lipoma is causing?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.