LIST OF LOW FAT TREATS

Posted , 9 users are following.

I was just replying to another post with a suggestion about how to feed a chocolate craving and wondered if anyone would like to contribute to a list of low fat treats that you’ve tried and are worth it. My starters for 10 would be

[list:c908d43a6e]Skinny Cow icecreams on a stick. Triple Choc is 87 cals and 1.5g of fat, and Mint Double Choc is 94 cals and 1.8g fat. Just lovely and chocolatey and a proper size but less calories and only slightly more fat than a banana.

Tesco's Extra Light Mayonnaise – squeezy bottle - 13 cals and 0.7g of fat in a tablespoon (as nice but far cheaper than Helman’s)

Co-op's Tomato and Red Pepper fresh soup - 95 cals and 4g of fat for half a big 600g pot - nicest soup Ive had for ages and far lower than New Covent Garden's any flavour[/list:u:c908d43a6e][/list]

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Any help we can give each other is very welcome.

As for soup....if you wish to make your own here is an almost fat free one which is so easy to make as there are no hard and fast rules except the fat one!

Into large saucepan put about 1 1/2 pints cold water. Add two Kallo organic stock cubes. Add a chopped onion (large one) chopped carrots and chopped celery...or any veg you wish. Then 1 or two chicken breasts chopped. Also I add 4 tomatoes on the vine chopped. (Plunge them into boiling water and the skin will come off easily after a few mins). You could add a tin of chopped toms but fresh is best for me. Add a little salt and some black pepper, some tomato paste also but that is optional....you can also add a chopped potato or two. When this has come to the boil let it simmer for 20 mins or so to cook the veg....then 'mash' it a little bit which softens the potatoes and thickens the soup a little. With the addition of parsley or corriander this soup is a meal in itself. It is even nicer on the second day.

• Posted

low fat houmous and a ryvita is yummy!!!!
  • Posted

birds eye steam bag rice and veg is lovely with chicken or fish .filling too
  • Posted

Another good treat is sainsbury's good for you range. They do a delicious fruit and jelly, strawberry cheescake and strawberry triffle - all well under the recomended 5 grams of fat per 100g.:P

the large snack a jacks are good - also really low but as flavoured don't need spread like other crackers.

Ryvita also do a berry goodness bar - again well below that 5 gramms and doesn't taste of cardboard like some do :o .

• Posted

Sainsbury's do a Maple Syrup cereal bar that's less than 3%fat - these are a real treat for me.

Ryvita & Laughing Cow Extra Light (again less than 3% fat)

• Posted

If you crave a biscuit with your mid morning coffee or cup of tea at night try a sponge finger. (The hard type you would use in a trifle).

So low in fat!

• Posted

Hi all

Weight Watchers mini hops lightly salted - per bag are 71kcals and only 0.2gms of fat.

Jane

• Posted

Personally the low fat houmous sainsburys do is far too high in fat for me ( I was told to limit to no more than 5g per 100g of fat), think that one is like 15g or something...

Sainsburys Taste the Difference fresh Pumpkin pasta is something like 2g of fat per 100g, a lovely pasta too smile They also do fresh tomato pasta sauces that are less than 2g per 100g to go with it smile

For a proper treat (not low fat), Rachel's Dairy Rice Puddings are lush! It might be only in Wales they sell them tho :p But they're 4.9g per 100g, so just allowed! They blow the socks off Muller tho!

Sainsburys also do fruit lollies, sorbet ones, they're like the solero's, but sainsburys own, the mango ones are very very very low in fat, something like 1.5g per 100g, and very very tasty smile

If you work and buy your lunch out each day like me, Sainsburys also do great lunch time bits and bobs. They have a great vegetarian susci, tomato and sausage pasta and low fat sandwiches, that are all less than 5g fat per 100g.

• Posted

Muller Light yoghurt - 0.2g fat per 200g pot.

Cherry today!

• Posted

The biggest problem i've had is sweet stuff, as laying off the chocolate is the hardest bit for me.

Try Delmonte Smoothie Lollies almost fat free and only 82 calories.

weightwatchers deserts are yummy too, infact all the weightwatchers range is good and tasty (which makes a change!) I had the hotpot today for dinner, only 250 calories and 6 grams of fat - not bad for a whole meal i thought!

Clare x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.