Living single with peri is hard

Posted , 12 users are following.

Anyone else out there alone?  I’m not married and have no children.  Peri makes me feel so lonely, especially when something is wrong.  My parents, sister, and nephews live only 10-15 minutes from me, but it seems farther.  I used to be so independent and now just feel so alone and scared.  I feel bad having to rely on them when something is wrong and sometimes I just don’t tell them.  Unfortunately, that makes me feel more isolated.  In the last two years, they’ve seen me through a surgery and several doctors appointments. I also have Crohn’s disease.  I don’t know if I can keep living alone.  It definitely feels better to have company, especially when the panic and anxiety are bad.  My mom went through a few years before her hysterectomy when she absolutely could not be alone, so I know she understands that aspect.  Would love to hear from others in this situation to support each other. 🌸

4 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Liz

i'm married with grown children and i use to feel isolated and alone!! the sadness was horrible, i will put my head down and cry!

When all this insanity started 8 years ago, i was scared to be alone, my husband will go to work and i keep thinking horrible things will happen to me or i will seat there and miss my kids and the old days i had with them..

I can tell you things are changed, i love to be alone just me and a book! im not scared to drive alone go and walk through a shopping mall or just take a drive. I love doing things bu myself..is like meditation for me.

it will get better, is the crazy hormones!

I do have a cousin that she just started going through this, she never had kids and recently separated from her husband, she sounds exactly like you! she is been second guessing all her lifetime decisions!! i talk with her almost everyday try to make her understand will get better..

xxxxxxxx

• Posted

I understand. Have been alone, but with my young son during the scariest of symptoms, wondering if I would wake up next morning and he would find me, so I understand. And this came after never having any health problems.

And I understand how sometimes you can't or don't want to tell others bc they wouldnt understand or may not want to hear it.

But we understand and do. You are not alone.

Anytime you ferl that way, jump on this site! Love and hugs!

• Posted

I live with a family and I feel equally scared and lonely. I think it is a state of mind, some inner tension rather than an actual response to outside stmuli. I noticed that I need more and more people around to feel secure. Before one person was enough, now I need 3 and 4 and so on. It si stupid, and hurtful and makes me think that I do not control myself, and I get angry at that. It is like going back to early childhood.
    • Posted

Anetta nailed it for me. This is as much about a state of mind as it is a complex nexus of social issues. I do feel way less in control of myself now at 51 than I did at 40.  It is scary. And to feel better,  I have to be around the kind of people who will de-escalate my anxiety rather than ask something of me. It is like being a pre-teen.
    • Posted

Thanks, Anetta.  I don't necessarily need a lot of people around me, but anyone who is with me has to make me feel secure in some way.

• Posted

Yes, they have to be people who make me feel better somehow.  It's okay if it's just one person as long as that person isn't anxious like I am.

• Posted

I think it is more of an inner tension than anything else. I know women who have perfect marriages, lost of family and friends yet during peri they come up with paranoid thoughts of their husbands being infateful. It is like our brains in withdrawal from hormones are looking for sth to worry about. We have perfect lives we find some unlikely, illogical reasons to be insecure about. We are single-we blame it on being single. Etc.
    • Posted

I see what you mean.  There is definitely paranoia involved!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.