Living without a gallbladder......

Posted , 1 user is following.

GB removed 5-6 yrs ago. Taking Colestipol b4 I eat since to aid digestion because I get severe cramping if I don't. Big issue...feeling uncomfortable and sick in stomach while lying on right side. Anyone else experience this? It seems no one's willing to do anything about it. I wake up most mornings feeling sick.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Since I have had my gallbladder out I still have pain attacks in my stomach and have found the only way to make the pain go away is to eat some full corn bread and drink water quickly when the pain starts.

I have found that if I eat fatty food or junk food I wake up feeling sick.

So my advice would be, stop eating fatty foods and junk food and see if

that helps.

• Posted

I said corn bread, what I mean is whole wheat bread.
    • Posted

Thanks so much for the tip, Joe! I haven't thought about that. Though, I'm not able to eat bread due to a ton of food allergies...I will try the no fatty / junk foods. I really don't eat too much...actually not much at all. I'm, unfortunately, one of the very few who got stuck with having to take the Colestipol pills before meals or anything heavy. I'll have to research what's considered fatty / junk. ;o)

Thanks again! 

• Posted

Thanks so much for the tip, Joe! I haven't thought about that. Though, I'm not able to eat bread due to a ton of food allergies...I will try the no fatty / junk foods. I really don't eat too much...actually not much at all. I'm, unfortunately, one of the very few who got stuck with having to take the Colestipol pills before meals or anything heavy. I'll have to research what's considered fatty / junk. ;o)

Thanks again! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.