LOCATION-LOCATION-LOCATION

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is just a thought, but it might do the acorn thing!!

Does anyone live within the Sheffield area,who suffers from the D.D 

disease?

Would you like to meet others, and swap what we know, what we don't 

know, and what we would Like to know?

Every disease seems to have a support group,why not us ?

Obviously we could not meet for a meal. but a place where we could have a coffee/tea .

Maybe Meadowhall ,which is accessible to all and has a large enough dining/seating area.

Obviously it would have to take place early evening, to allow for the  

people who work.

Good idea or bad ???

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What a very good idea, Jac (to the exclusion of we Southerner's - adding weight to the North/South debate).  Seriously, I think there should be more 'Regional' groups as you are suggesting.

If it gets off the ground, will you be able to give a 'general' report, periodically, to the forum.

ps. Jac.  For the time being, can you write to me on my gmail account, please.  My Internet Explorer is temporarily buggered and I can't dowload - I have to forward all to my gmail address.

pps.  Have you been receiving these Indian advertisements for 'Call Girls'  I've had 40 emails this morning - all through patient.info - under the heading 'Sexual Health'

Emis Moderator comment: The call girl email alerts were because the site was getting spammed. I have deactivated these and tightened up the rules to try and prevent them getting through again

• Posted

Hi  Jon. It probably won't get off the ground, but you could try  in your area

I already belong to a local support group. for another disease that I have been given . It meets one evening every two months, there is 

usually a visitor who gives a !Talk " then we all have a cup of tea.

and a gossip. 

Ys, I did get the Girlie thing ,but girls are not my scene  rolleyes

• Posted

Jac Have sent you a long email.  Waiting to be moderated.  Can't think why.

Alan, if you are reading this, I do want Jac to see my resply to her Regional suggestion.  Jon

• Posted

Hi Jac.  Don't know what happened to my 'post' to you but it must have contained something 'wrong'.  I hope you do organise a local group.  I am going to 'put it out' in my locality .  Perhaps the input could be fed into this 'general' forum.  Someone might just have the answers to all our dreams.
    • Posted

Hi Jon  the forum is on a NO send  trip again.

There is apost sitting under you with the ERROR 500 flashing so 

thought I wuold do you  Gosh !!! it's just departed.  I did get your post   I think, but there has been NO interest at all, so presumably  I am the 

only sufferer in Sheffield ,or, no one gives a toss. Except Sam, But 

she " don't " count.  Are you having probs with the mentor ? 

Have you replied to all the Emails from the dating agency ?

How did that happen then , DD with a DA 

my herbal tabs are keeping me pain free, and you ??

• Posted

Would love to but it would be impossible for me. It is a great idea though. We could all sit around and eat our fiber bars. 
    • Posted

YUK    Sam ,if that is the best you can suggest to munch, you are NOT 

invited.

How are you ? Pain free hopefullyrolleyes

• Posted

invited.

• Posted

invited.

This post is refusing to leave 

• Posted

invited.

Why are we waiting, isn't there a song 

• Posted

invited.

Why are we waiting, isn't there a song question

• Posted

invited.

• Posted

invited.

• Posted

I am amazingly pain free. I am eating and swilling fiber till the cows come home. I have not has flare since Sept. 1 and that one lasted a couple weeks even on meds.. Cipro and Flagl. I have been so careful. I envy those that can eat whatever their little hearts desire. I once was one of the lucky ones with the cast iron stomachs. Thanks for asking.
    • Posted

Me too Sam envy is the word I used to tell everyone that I could eat absolutely everything with not a burp  or a fart , Happy days 

Just be careful at Christmas, don't get led astray   

• Posted

Yes... absolutely never a gust of wind from me either. I am sure I have brought this all on myself for my earlier transgressions. I am hoping to ride this out and maybe in my lifetime there will be a cure for this nasty disease.
    • Posted

just got this one theres a bit of overtaking going on . Just wish someone

would start sewing the damned pouches up. surely it can't be that 

difficult 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.