Loneliness;anxiety, depressed

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone. Yesterday I wrote a post about my situation. I do not have many friends. i have lost many friends because of my depression. i dont know  what to do for  because in the past I have experienced being bullied by so-called girlfriends make untrue rumors about me and pulling my self-esteem down. Honestly i am alone every day and i feel like that this situation has made my anxiety and depression 10 times worse. i cant sleep and i have lost my motivation in life. I find it very hard trusting in  new people because off my past. i am so lost right nowsad

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You have come to the right place. On this support group you will find many friends even if they are pen pals and your correspondance is public. Good luck.
  • Posted

Must believe  me when i tell no one cares about rumours at all its all about themselves. They only care how things directly effect themselves.  Im positive in that you just need to believe me. 20 should be deemed the mememe age and last till graduation of college when the real world smacks them upside the head. Some adults carry their immaturity with them and are jerks too, happily adults laugh at this and walk away from it if they are smart. There are good, kind people out there dont ever assume otherwise. Lots of rats yes, but avoid or dont interact with those people. Dont worry life will give you tons of chances on meeting new people.  What you are going thru is isolating, you are a bit lost here. Lets refer to this as " the turning point in your life" get into therapy and talk and talk about everything and anything that weighs you down. If needed meds if you have a chemical embalance. Thats not in your control anyway.  The answer to all this is drag your drained body and help it. Hellp the body by feeding it healthy foods, use meds if needed and drag the mind into theraoy to get the root cause and squash it. It will take time. No instant gratification is available here. Love yourself enough to helo yourself. You have a good sixty or more years in that body and using that mind so it is worth the effort of working on all this. Im not extremly knowledgable about depression but i dont  think you can snap it out of you somseek the help you need. 

• Posted

The teenage years are  often very hard honey. Very few people emerge unscathed. Now you are facing a new phase in your life. Those  teenage years are behind you

It's easy for me to say don't look back. But that is the first lesson you have to learn and a hard one. We cannot change the past we can only learn from it. The friends you lost were not true friends. True friends stand by you through thick and thin. Having said that teenagers are somewhat fickle and revel in creating drama.

I'm sorry you were bullied. But it is how you look back on that  episode that is vital to regaining your condfidence.

Bullies as a rule hone in on someone because they see in their victim, something  that they can never have nor  ever be. That might seem strange to you. But bullying is a form of jealousy

. It is also a form of cowardice. If they bully someone then they, by virtue of the fact that they are diverting attention from what they perceive to be their own shortcomings,are protecting themselves from the same fate

I understand you have trust issues. Don't allow this to hold you back. You are so young and life literally stretches before you with lots of wonderful things to come.

When meeting new people, hold a bit of yourself back. Keep a part of yourself and your life private. New friends don't need to know everything about you until you can trust them implicitly That will be your safety net.

It's not about you either. It's about whether they are worthy of being your friend, not the other way round

Have you seen your GP about your anxiety/depression?

And why are you alone all day ?

• Posted

Thank for replying. Yes I have spoken to my doctor about my anxiety and depression. I starting treatment very soon. The reason that I am alone everyday is because I do not have any activities to do.
    • Posted

I personally think you are letting other people stress you and dictate your life. You need to take each day as it goes and explore through your life. Try to have some short term and long term goals (realistic goals) and try working towards that and this may help you to focus.

Sometimes being bullied teaches you how to survive and to bring about your confidence when times are extremly bad. This site is a great site to talk and everyone here will help. If you wish to talk then I'm all ears.

• Posted

I'm glad  you have confided in your GP and that you are getting help. The very act of asking for help goes a long way to helping you recover, Do you have anything that you specifically enjoy doing? If so you could channel that into an activity. That would divert your mind from your problems smile Give you something good to focus upon

• Posted

What do you enjoy? Sorry if this sounds like an interrogation😊

Just trying to help you think of something you can utilise to

Fill your days

• Posted

No no it's okay. Well I like creative things such as drawing, painting, doing makeup. But I mainly don't have the energy and motivation to do it.

• Posted

I personally don't draw or paint but it sounds relaxing. Maybe you should try to go back into doing that.

Focus on positives and not negative, maybe that could be your problem. Anyways I've sent you a private message and that dhould help you.

• Posted

Great advice everyone. A little excercise can help too especially with sleep. I know it's difficult when energy is low and you lack motivation. Your GP will help with some medication that will hopefully lift your mood. Good luck

• Posted

You say you used to like creative things like art but lack motivation , energy , have you thought about Colouring Books For Grown-ups ? , i use them alot for getting me though the day as i too lack interest in what i used to do , colouring in colouring books for grown-ups eases my thoughts and feelings , another idea is to use your drawing skills and make a daily diary drawing how you are feeling each part of the day - break it up as that can give you a area of discussion when you start treatment , i did Art Therapy as a form of treatment instead of CBT which wasn't for me , what Helen and Asif have to say i totally agree with , take care and remember friends who don't understand your depression are not worth having , also you feel find friends on here they may not be in person but they understand how you feel , your emotions , etc x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.