Lonely

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don't like how I can be sat in a room full of people and feel lonely. I went for a meal with my boyfriend his family and friends and although my boyfriend was there I just felt empty and alone. It's a horrible feeling. Does it ever get better?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chloe,

Yes it does get better! I've been in that stage of anxiety/depression. It can be scary when it starts, how long has it been going one/how old are you?

• Posted

Hi Julia,

I've suffered on and off with anxiety and depression since I was 13, although undiagnosed until I was 20. I overcame it though and now I'm 24. I can feel it creeping back in. I just couldn't shake the feeling of feeling lonely. Everyone was talking and laughing and I felt outside looking in. Empty and alone. It's the first time I've noticed it on a big scale.

• Posted

I've been experiencing this recently as well! It started 4 weeks ago but I can say that I have finally started to enjoy the things I used to. Don't let the feeling stop you from trying to go out with friends and family even if it seems like work. It gets better, luckily mine has only been 4 weeks so far and it's already started to get better. I'm planning on seeing a psychiatrist next week, have you thought about that? The lonely feelings sometimes creep up so I want to see what I can do about that.
  • Posted

I feel the exact same! I'm sure we will get there! How old are you?? Gotta go through the worst to get the best xx
    • Posted

Hi, I'm 24. I didn't think I could ever feel that alone. I might as well have been in the room all by myself. Didn't feel involved at all.
    • Posted

Hey I wanted to update you. I was feeling the same way as you but I realized today that I'm actually back to normal... It was so strange! I got family/friends support and just tried to do what I would normally do even if I felt terrible or lonely and it's worked!
    • Posted

Hey, I don't have a brilliant support network so I guess I'll be like this for a while.
  • Posted

Hi I know exactly how your feeling and I was wondering is this even a feeling like why do I feel like that 

• Posted

Hi, I'm not sure why we get this feeling but it's horrible. I'm hoping it'll stop.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.