Long and Troublesome Periods

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I've been having periods for two years now, and they've always been extremely difficult. I've always been told they will sort themselves out, but they seem to just be getting worse. Firstly, my menstrual cycle is about 40 days long, and seems to be getting longer. My periods themselves last about 9 days, but it's very hard to say as after about 6 days they'll stop for 2 days, return for a day, and then sometimes repeat. This means I'm often wearing pads for up to 2 weeks. I get severe pain that often keeps me up at night. Painkillers are ineffective. The only thing that sometimes works is a hot water bottle, but I can't exactly carry that around with me everywhere I go, so I'm often stuck at home when I'm on my periods. I have to plan my clothing and bedding around my periods to prevent leaks. Even when I am able to sleep, I wake up feeling tired and people often comment that I look very pale. Worst of all, I always vomit on the first 2 days, and often come down with the common cold in the week following my period. I have only missed school a couple of times due to periods, but when I don't I am often so tired and nauseous I struggle to concentrate. So far no effect on my grades or relationships have occurred, but I am nervous about how all these trends are getting worse.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.