Long dreams + exhaustion

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm new to this website, so sorry if I post this in the wrong place or something.

My problem is that I keep having really long dreams maybe once or twice a month. They're not nightmares or vivid, just really long and boring. I wonder if I'm still a little bit awake during these dreams, because that's what it feels like. It's like I'm half dreaming and half thinking and awake. I wake up with a really bad sore throat, stuffy nose, and feeling exhausted. The sore throat goes away as soon as I drink some water and blow my nose, but the exhaustion can ruin the entire day.

However, I can have fatigue on some days even if I don't have these dreams. This is what made me more confused because at first I thought it was just the dreams making me tired. It's so bad that I can barely move or keep my eyes open, even though I get enough sleep. I wish it would stop because it's very distracting when I'm trying to work and get things done.

I've checked my blood sugar and it was normal. I thought it was hypoglycemia or diabetes or something, but apparently it's not (although I might check my blood sugar again just to be sure). I'm not under any stress either, I don't have depression or anemia, and I don't think I have problems with anxiety, just in case anyone was wondering. 

I'm really sorry if this is confusing, but does anyone have any ideas?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey CC99, 

I had/have a very similar issue. To start with, at what time do you usually go to bed?

• Posted

Hi! Usually I go to bed around 10:00, sometimes closer to 11:00 but usually 10
    • Posted

I always have long exhausting dreams when i go to bed late. 10:00+. I literally experimented this, maybe you could try it out aswell. 
  • Posted

Could it be a condition called sleep apnea?.  Your breathing gets shallower and shallower during sleep and you wake up suddenly. If you sleep with a partner they would be very aware of the sudden waking up. Sleep apnea also has symptoms of dry mouth and throat when you awake and also extreme tiredness during the day.

Dont know where you are in the world but in UK you could be referred for sleep studies by a GP,if no other cause is found. Sometimes medication can cause side effects like these.   

• Posted

Sleep apenia 90%,  will cause the dreams aswell as the daytime fatigue. if you start breathing through your mouth in your sleep it will also explain the sore throat and stuffy  nose. 

In the mean time focus on different sleep postions until you get into the doctor, my breathing problems are elavted if i sleep upright and on my side.

• Posted

ment to say my breathing problems are better if i sleep upright and on my side.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.