Long lasting chest pains on the left, is it perhaps anxiety?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All,

I'm very happy to have found this site. Some of the responses I've seen have been truely uplifting. . I've seen a few forums that talk about stuff that seem similar to what I am going through, but I figured I'd ask for my specific stuff to see if anyone else is perhaps going through this. 

For about a month now I've been having chest pains on the left side.

Breif background: I am male, 25, and while I am pretty heavy (5'11", just under 250 lbs) I am fairly active. For the last couple of weeks I have been especially active in effort to lose weight. Generally this includes high intensity cardio every second day with something less intense inbetween like going for a run or bike riding. My blood pressure is more or less normal and my resting heart rate is generally pretty good (usually around 60, but some mornings when I am well rested it has been as low as 54 bpm).

The pain tends to be fairly localized. To get a general idea for the area, its right under the place where if you put your left hand on your chest with your pinky and ring finger tips essentially on the nipple. However, I have had it occasionally (but relativly rarely) go to the right side in approximately the same place. The pain can be sharp, but sometimes its just a pressure. At some points I honestly can't tell if I feel it or if I think I feel it. When it does come about it can last as little as a day, to as long as a week (I'm about 5 days into one right now).The pain seems to be completely random as far as I could tell. One time it started as I was making a sandwich, once as I was going to bed. Almost never has it occured during a time when I was active. Excirsize does not seem to increase the pain, and honestly sometimes I feel better about it because it gets my mind off of it (for example, in some of my excirsizes my heart rate will go to as high as 180 bpm, and there is no pain).

I've been to the doctors several times, and once to the emergency. I've had EKG done and chest x-rays done and they said they found nothing of concern. I had a blood test done for an annual checkup just prior to this starting, and the doctor found nothing of concern. I am currently waiting on the results of a Stress EKG, but the people at the clinic did not seem to be worried about the initial results (I was able to make it to the end of the test relativly easily). I'm considering asking for a ultrasound next time I see my doc. 

Main Question: I've had it suggested to me that this could be stress related. I am a fairly anxious person, especially having developed a pretty bad case of health anxiety over the last 3 months or so. Part of the reason I've been excirsizing as much as have been is that I found it a great help for my anxiety. I guess my main worry is that any time this has started, I would never say I felt stressed or anxious. Almost always the stress and anxiety comes after the fact, and it just stays no matter how hard I try relax. Has anyone else gone through something like this perhaps? My thanks to anyone who found the time to read this and reply smile

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello, David

I registered here only to reply for you.

I feel totaly same as you. I mean TOTALY. Even that thing about "However, I have had it occasionally (but relativly rarely) go to the right side in approximately the same place."

It seems to me that we only 2 humans alive feeling this thing.

For me, It all started 2 weeks ago. I was taking pre-workout, cigarettes, coke, and sex a lot.

And suddenly this happend. Firstly, I thought that for my unresponsible life style I wll die from heart attack.

But it seems not. Doctors said that is not heart attack and they did all the TESTS possible and found NOTHING.

I am taking weed right now to relax and etc.

How is your condition today? Please let me know how you feel, what you did about that.

PLEASE

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.