Long long way to go

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys.  I thought I'd revisit here as it's been a while.

Have things improved...... not really.  I am now the maximun dosage of my meds and I have had a "chat" with a support officer who recommends a referal to Phoenix (not sure what that is, so if anyone can tell me I'd appreciate it)

I guess the main thing I gained from talking has been the realisation that this is never going away and that it's about coping with it more than curing it.  I've still got some mountains to climb and I really am not sure I'll be able to but I promised myself I am going to try.  I may not self harm but I know I am scarred for life, and yet the people that know me, don't even have a clue.  

Thanks for listening.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deaver, just saying hi. On bus going to see what kind of therapy in down for. Feel absolutely nothing. But I'm going to think of you and hopefully join you on your mountain climb. You did great. Now try to chill out for a bit with some music or whatever works for you. Your climbing pal. Nick.
  • Posted

Lovely to see you posting again.  I admire you for your determination to "try", with that attitude you could quite honestly make it.  I think that accepting that there will be no miracle cure is a big step, understanding that learning to cope is the most important thing alongside whatever meds you take is so important.

Good luck to you and please keep us informed on how you go on.

Pat.

• Posted

Thanks Patricia.  I've been trying for a very long time, and I will continue to, it's good to know others understand you.  Thanks again
  • Posted

Hi deaver, feel proud of yourself lovely lady....depression is like a black hole...I have been on medication for many years and have it upped every few years...like all of us on here, I have good and bad days .I wish that they could come up with a miracle cure...like many people, I hide it well, you always feel that you have to...on a bad day I barely move, but the good days are becoming more regular...it is a horrible affliction that is misunderstood...mine was self inflicted by alcoholism, even now I am sober I still suffer from it. ..sad circumstances I cannot change, and I find hard to deal with...

The worst part is, you just wake up with a sense of sheer dread..and overwhelming sadness...we have to take each day as it comes, and hope and pray that it will one-day disappear...I wish you heartfelt sympathy, and truly hope that things improve for you...big hugs ..DEIRDRE xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.