Long period

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies l feel your pain and your mood a painful time last one was 32 days long !!! 😱  not too heavy but very first week so ill due to fibroids just brings you down  x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My friend has had a period that lasted 1 year straight  she said sometimes very heavy and sometimes just spotting but never went away and finally after a year it would stop maybe close to completely for like maybe 4 weeks and start again is this normal? She is 58 be 59 Nov. She hasn't been to doctor nor will she go she thinks it's all normal because of sometimes it will go about 4 weeks will little to nothing AFTER the full year of a period.  

• Posted

Take your drowns to get checked out. Tell her I just turned 59 n having similar symptoms...the never ending periods... but never a year. just went to doc who said she isn't worried. Pap was normal n now she wants to look at uterus. I'm a scaredy cat too but I'm going to let her do that test too. I'm tired of the anxiety from worrying about it...even though all women in my family have periods til late 50s.

Make her go...hugs!

• Posted

Friend!!! not drowns!!

Dang auto spell!!

• Posted

Hi Alllie, my last period was 27 days long, i too have a fibroid but my Gynae says its not the fibroid it is peri. I had some days of flooding, then steady then spotting, then flooding a couple of days again then spotting. It was so exhausing. But, it did stop and i have had no bleeding for 22 days now, i will have to wait and see. x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.