Long period help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’ve had my period now for almost 22 days! I’m seeing my dr this week, but I’m curious to know if anyone else has this problem. It’s been extremely heavy and there have been small clots. This is not normal for me. What can I expect?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I bled for just over 3 weeks for 3 months. I recently had an ultrasound and an intrenal but they couldn't find anything wrong so put it down to hormone imbalance. I've been advised to change contraception atm I'm on the pill but I'm considering the coil to see if the bleeding settles.

• Posted

Have you been tested for polycystic ovarian syndrome?
    • Posted

There is a blood test and 2 types of ultrasound one externally and the other internally. People who have it are usually insulin resistant. Do you suffer or have you suffered with acne?
    • Posted

Well if you aren’t on the pill it is a good time to get tested for PCOS. If you have bad acne there is a possibility you could have it. Acne is one of the common symptoms along with irregular periods. 
  • Posted

Me. I’m 21 how old are you 

Pap comes normal so did ct scans and ultrasound and pelvic exams

I do however have reoccurring cyst 

I have had problems since I had my kid 3 years ago and still don’t know why my period is so irregular 

• Posted

I’m 36. I’ve never had a normal pap 👎🏻 I have to wonder if it ever went back to “normal” after my last child was born

• Posted

it looks like a serious hormonal disorder. I would go to the doctor immediately in your place!
  • Posted

I am 40, I was diagnosed a few years ago with a fibroid.  In between my cycle I would spot lightly.  Well about 3 weeks ago I thought I was going to have a normal cycle.  Nope, the fibroid causes heavy bleeding and clots, which I've gotten used to dealing with.  I have been bleeding for going on 3 weeks.  The weird thing is it stops and starts at times.  Larger than normal clots.  I was honestly scared and considering going to the ER.  It is terrible what folks are going through on here, but I was kind of relieved to know I am not alone.  to know that these terrible abnormal menstruation cycles are more common than I thought.  So, I scheduled an appointment to be seen again.  I'm on the retired military health care, known to some as Tri-Care.  I have to first see our family doctor and then be preferred to an OBGYN.  I hope I can't stop bleeding long enough to be seen by a doc and get some relief with this.  Just curious how did your appointment go? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.