Long shot but

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone had a bilateral SALPINGECTOMY and suffered from breast tenderness? Ouch!

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steph. I had this last April and have since had some symptoms of menopause, again! I know it sounds odd but from something I read on here I think maybe the complete lack of eostrogen afterwards could produce these symptoms. I have also had some hot flushes/sweats. These have mostly subsided now but I still get the odd ones. I'm interested in finding answers too as the gyny's don't tell us much if anything do they? One poster said that our ovaries still give out some hormones even after meno so maybe that's the answer! confused

• Posted

I'm only 40 so no menopause yet. Still have ovaries so this is weird. Occasionally I would have tenderness somewhere in my cycle but this seems more intense. And lasting longer

• Posted

I hope someone else can help, I don't have any more answers at this time. It could ovulation time, two weeks before you start your period. You could ask your GP or call the hospital where you had it done I suppose. Best wishes. x rolleyes

• Posted

Have you posted on the Salpingectomy forum steph? It's more likely you'll get a better response there. Apologies if you have x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.