Long term Anal Fissure advice? Desperate!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all! Where to start... I'm 19 and a uni student!

I had really nasty fissures in that area about 2 or 3? years ago, tried everything, nothing helped. Was eventually put down for botox, but i don't even know what happened to be honest. I was die for a heart procedure, and so they had to postpone it, and then lots happened, or rather, didn't happen and I think the whole thing faded into the background. They messed me about a LOT. and i think they forgot about me, but I got so fed up of it, I decided that I was just going to live and deal with them myself!

Now, that's what I did, and they're on and off, I can't remember the last time I had a pain free movement, but it's completely bearable and doesn't affect me in daily life.

Until recently. It's like all of a sudden they've come back in full force and I', terrified of going to the toilet again. I'm gonna buy some senokot soon, but the old sudocreme trick isn't working!!

They're really sore, I can't really bend or move in certain ways without feeling like I've ripped them wide open!! After all the fuss and the unofficial end to my past treatment, I am VERY scared of going back to the GP about this for fear of the same thing happening. I am living in a different area now mind, and the Drs are generally much better but still...

Is there anything I can do myself or do I really need to go back to the Drs?

OH. I also have Psoriasis covering the area too quite badly, which is obviously cracked and dry and painful, I try to keep it moisturised as best I can, but at the moment touching anywhere near that area is so so painful it's hard to. In a bit of a vicious circle, any advice????? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ok here is what worked for me,... you need to change diet, vegetables and fruit everyday, snakes needs to be prunes and figs,.... No nuts, seeds, fast food, whit bread,....not too much alcohol either,,,, Also very important, you need to have a hot shower. every time after bowl motion, don't use toilet paper at all, once you done use wipes once and in the shower, run hot water and clean throughly as bits of no 2 can cause pain,,,, eat less drink plenty water,,, I also recommend Diltazam cream before No 2 use plenty and then wait few minutes then do no 2,,, good luck

• Posted

Kitten:

I can sympathize with the fissures, I've had them for years. First, ditch the GP and go see a protologist/ colonorectal doctor. I had hemmoroids removed and my fissures sutured up. I'll be honest, the 3 months after surgery were awful. But loose stools, many sitz baths, warm & cold compresses, coconut oil, Vaseline, and medication really did the trick. Also not straining during elimination is prerequisite #1. I can even resume having anal sex again. It isn't a quick process, but it certainly is worth the long term benefits.

K6

• Posted

Here are some suggestions I have for you to help you through:

1. Try somee zinc oxide in the form of calmoseptine which has menthol to soothe the area down there as well. Calmoseptine can be bought at almost any local drugstore and can be bought online too.

2. Try squatting when going on the toilet instead of sitting. This is a much  helathier position and the poop sometimes will just slide out,  no pushing or straining involved.

3. I would definately take a fiber supplement, specifically metamucil  is what I take evveryday,  in ordr to allow your stools to be soft and to allow them to pass thorugh easily. THis being said, with any fiber supplemetn, you must drink lots of water when using them, or they will not work veffectively. Also, do not take too much as too much fiber can irritate your bowels on the way  out and diarreah actually does worse down there.

4. I would recommend getting a sphicteronomy surgery if htings dont get better. I waited it out, gave up, had the surgery, and was able to heal within about two weeks. I had a chronic fissure, so I knew where you are ocming from with v all the pain and discomfort.

Try listening to music to distract your mind a bit, especially when going to the bathroom. If you are in writing pain, distract yourself with a movie or TV show right after. Also, to prevent myself from screaming and from putting more stress in the area down  there, i bit down on a washcloth in order to make the tensions with my teeth instead of my sphicter muscle.

Hope this helps!!!

Best,

Myles

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.